𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
The Future's A Bitch, Isn't It?

Preston walked into the Salvatore Boarding House to see Elena with a nervous look on her face.

The hunter-witch furrowed her brows at her fiancée's expression. Elena walked closer, "Damon and Stefan's mom is alive. And she's here, and a vampire. She was stuck in the 1903 prison world." Elena whispered.

Preston's eyes widened. "Okay, what the hell have I missed?"

"Hello, who are you?" A woman asked sweetly.

Preston furrowed her brows, and so did the woman, as if the woman somewhat recognised the younger girl's features.

"Preston Winchester." She answered. "Ma'am." She added.

"Lily Salvatore."

"Ah, you're the mother of the two pains in the ass." Preston joked, as she usually did when things seemed awkward.

Lily laughed for a second. "You're one of Damon's friends, right?"

"Friends is a loose term. How about 'we don't murder each other every second anymore'?"

"Preston is my fiancée." Elena said, holding onto Preston's arm.

Lily smiled, "well, come on, I'm making breakfast." Lily said.

"Wow." Elena said, eating the food Lily prepared.

"This was always Damon's favourite. 'Eggie in baskie'." Lily told Elena and Preston.

"Doesn't taste like I remember." Damon stated, wiping his mouth with the cloth.

"Well, you were human the last time you tasted it. Our tastes change over time." Lily responded. "But, Elena, you're fairly new at this, aren't you?" Lily asked Elena.

"I turned a few years ago." Elena answered.

"Do you ever miss it? Being human?" Lily wondered.

"Sometimes." Elena replied, going back to eating.

"And from what Damon has told me, Preston, you're a hunter, and a witch." Lily turned to her left to ask Preston the question.

"Yeah. I started hunting... well, it felt like the second I was born. And the witch part, I just found out recently." Preston responded.

Damon shot his mother a look.

"So if I understood correctly, um, in order to free my companions from that place where I was trapped, we'll need the magical device." Lily grabbed a bowl and came back to the table.

"The Ascendant." Damon told her.

"Yes, The Ascendant. Where is that?" Lily asked her son.

"Safe. Very safe." Damon said.

"We'll also need a celestial event." Lily added.