𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦

CHAPTER TWENTY
The Only Way Out Is Through

Both Preston and Elena were rushed to the hospital by Damon. Damon was darting between rooms until Dean showed up.

"Where is she?" Dean questioned, making Damon point to the other room.

Dean rushed in there, the doctor was trying to patch her up, but she had become unconscious. The doctor said she'd wake up soon and left the room without another word. Dean sat beside his little sister, pulling up the uncomfortable as hell chair. He covered his mouth with his hands. "Cas..." He whispered.

With just his name being called by Dean, Castiel appeared at his request. "Dean." Then he looked at Preston.

"She's gonna wake up, right?"

"Yes." Cas hesitated.

"Woah. Woah, why the hell did you hesitate?" Dean questioned.

"Enzo St. John is her father."

"Yes, we know this, Cas, old news..."

Cas sighed. "Since he was already a vampire when he got your mother pregnant, there is a good chance Preston could become one now."

Dean scoffed. "If all it took was for her to die, she would've been a vampire already. And she's not, okay!" Dean said.

"You can only die so many times if there is a consequence, Dean. Think about the things in Preston's life that God added or did to make her miserable. Becoming a vampire after a certain amount of death counts isn't off of the list." Cas explained.

Dean looked at his sister, Cas looked at Dean, who was now shaking his head.

"It was one of the very few things planned for her, Dean." Cas told Dean.

Meanwhile, with Preston —

Preston was in a very different place. This was the blackness and void she had known before. She could feel her being, which was weird. Then she walked and realised it was basically mud.

Then she saw a random guy in a suit. "Ah, the infamous Preston Winchester... or should I say: Preston St. John? Which one would you prefer because—"

"Who the fuck are you?"

"Oh. Well, you've heard about me. But, you've never seen me, have you?" He laughed.

"Chuck Shirley. Or rather, God." Chuck introduced.

"Where the hell am I?"

"A little creation I'm very fond of. Preston, meet Malivore. Malivore, meet Preston. It's basically a world of mud and void." Chuck explained.

"Okay, then what am I doing here?" She questioned.

Chuck sighed. "Well, Preston, I can only let someone die so many times. I'll cut to the chase. You're becoming a vampire as we speak. I kill you, send you into limbo, you get to choose. Either way, it won't be a perfect, happy fairytale anymore." Chuck told her.