Nineteenth ♡

Vote Target - 560
Comments - 500

_________________________________________________

In the midst of a lively gathering, Naina dropped a bombshell, declaring, 

“Arre par Nirmay hi Vanika ka fiance hai.”

“Whatttt???? Is it true???” The room echoed with shock as Vanika and Nirmay passed her death glares.

“Nahi nahi!! I was just joking. It's nothing like that. Actually Vanika ke fiance ka naam bhi Nirmay hai …so I was saying ki Nirmay vanika ka fiance hai par ye Nirmay nahi wo dusra Nirmay hai. Ab duniya me ek hi Nirmay thodi hai. There are so many Nirmay in this world right?” Naina desperately tried to cover her blunder.

[No no!! I was just joking. It's nothing like that. Actually, Vanika's fiancé's name is also Nirmay... so I was saying that Nirmay is Vanika's fiancé, but this Nirmay is not him; it's the other Nirmay. After all, there's not just one Nirmay in the world.]

“Naina don't try to make up a story now. I know you were talking about Nirmay sir,” Rohit, a keen observer, exposed.

“Han, I have always noticed Nirmay sir staring at Vanika but mujhe laga ki mai galat soch rahi hun,” Payal added, casting a revealing light on the unspoken dynamics.

“I… It's nothing like that,” Nirmay stammered, attempting to diffuse the tension.

“Sorry sir, I didn't mean to embarrass you and her but I am just saying what I noticed,” Payal apologised, leaving an awkward silence lingering in the room.

"Tumne bataya kyun nahi! It's a great news yaar! Congratulations to you both,” a candid voice broke the tension.

“I know why you were hiding this from us. You're concerned that if Vanika ever receives a trophy or medal in the future, it shouldn't seem like cheating,” Rohit keenly observed.

“Actually..Yes,” Vanika confessed, a hint of vulnerability in her tone.

“I don't know about everyone but I can tell that here in the majority we will never think anything bad about you. In the future, if Vanika receives the trophy, we won't have any doubts because we all know that you never discriminate between candidates. We have full confidence in you that whoever you select for the trophy will be the best,” Sidhi reassured, echoing the sentiment of the group.

“Yes sir, I know Vanika is actually a very hardworking candidate and usse jo bhi milega she will deserve that. And we believe in you that you will never mix your personal and professional life,” Ritu added, expressing trust in their mentor.

“Thank you for understanding. Pehli baar tum jaise candidate mile bina kisi ego ek dusre ko support karne vale jealous na hone Wale,” Nirmay acknowledged, patting Rohit's shoulder.

[For the first time, I found a candidate like you, who is supportive without any ego and doesn't get jealous.]

“Bach gye,” Naina muttered under her breath.

[I am safe.]

Amidst the continuous praises for Nirmay, Abhiman interrupted . 

"Haan haan mai to joker hun,” he deadpanned, his face unamused.

[Yes yes I am joker.]

“Matlab?” Nirmay inquired, confusion etched on everyone's faces.

[What?]

“I am also a commander thodi si tareef mai bhi deserve karta hun,” Abhiman retorted with a mock serious expression, eliciting chuckles from the group.