Twenty six ♡

Vote Target - 2k
Comments - 1k

Enjoy the chapter ❤️✨.

__________________________________________________

In the quiet hospital room, Nirmay and Vanika found themselves alone, surrounded by the remnants of their friends' presence. Vanika, absorbed in her phone, and Nirmay, exhausted, soon drifted into a light doze on the nearby couch.

Abruptly, Nirmay's eyes snapped open, sweat beading on his forehead as he glanced at Vanika. His heart raced with unspoken fears, prompting him to rise and approach her. Gently, he enveloped her in a protective embrace, his racing heart gradually finding solace in the closeness of her presence. Vanika, puzzled by the sudden embrace, furrowed her brow.

"What's wrong? Is everything okay?" Vanika inquired, her concern evident in her voice.

"Hmm," Nirmay murmured softly, holding her close. She reciprocated the hug with her left hand, her right arm incapacitated due to the bullet wound just below her shoulder.

After a tender embrace that lasted ten minutes, Nirmay pulled back slightly, planting a gentle kiss on her forehead, his eyes reflecting the depth of his emotions, as if she were the most precious gem he was on the verge of losing.

Nirmay's gaze then drifted to the fruits placed nearby, untouched and seemingly forgotten.

"Ya kya hai?" he queried, gesturing towards the fruits.

[What is this?]

"Fruits," Vanika replied with a shrug.

"Oh, really? Thanks for the info, par ye yaha pe bed sajane ke liye nahi rakha gaya hai. They're meant to be eaten," he remarked with a hint of amusement in his voice.

"Ohhh, thanks for informing. Mujhe laga tha sajavat ke liye rakha gaya hai," Vanika said, her tone laced with amusement as she realized the misunderstanding. Nirmay shook his head, smiling at her antics and began to feed her the fruits.

A nurse approached Vanika, her attention drawn to the handsome figure standing nearby.

"Hello sir, please aap thoda side ho jayenge mujhe inka bed sahi karna hai," she requested, indicating towards Nirmay.

["Hello sir, could you please step aside? I need to fix her bed."]

He nodded in acknowledgment and stepped aside as the nurse tended to Vanika's bed.

Observing Nirmay's proximity, the nurse deliberately leaned back as if about to fall. Nirmay instinctively reached out, steadying her with his shoulder. Vanika's eyes widened in surprise at the unexpected turn of events.

"Hey, are you okay?" Nirmay inquired, his concern evident in his voice.

"Thank you so much for saving me, sir," the nurse replied, blushing as Nirmay released his hold.

As the nurse departed, her hand briefly brushing against Nirmay's, he walked over and sat beside Vanika, only to find her glaring at him.

"Is everything alright?" he asked, his brows furrowing in concern.

"No, everything is not alright, Mr. Nirmay Oberoi!! Why did you let that nurse touch your hand like that?" Vanika demanded, her tone accusatory as she confronted him.

"What do you mean? Galti se ho sakta hai touch hua ho maine dhyan nhi diya," Nirmay responded casually, taking the fruit plate.

["It's possible that she accidentally touched me without realizing it."]