The Demon in The Shadows

You wake up around 8:00 that morning. You have a half hour to get ready before you leave. Knowing how long it will take you, you rush to get ready. You take your clothes and run to the bathroom. You change into a white, heavy, long sleeve, compression shirt, a grey, soft zip up, hoodless jacket, black leggings, white calf high socks, and black, grey, and brown snow boots.

You walk out of the bathroom and quickly put on mascara as you hear the call that it's time to leave

You walk out of the bathroom and quickly put on mascara as you hear the call that it's time to leave. You walk upstairs and towards the front door where a nine-year-old girl and her six-year-old sister greet you. You balance the six-year-old on your hip and hug the nine-year-old. You place the younger one down and head out the door. You follow the two older girls who you were in the room with last night, as well as your bother. You walk down the hills and paths towards the dining hall and enter, shaking the snow off of the bottom of your boots. You sit at a table by with them and you hear the chaos start. "Here they come!" You remark with a smile. So far you haven't spotted that weird shadow thing, but you know it's around here somewhere.

After everyone got settled in, the nine-year-old walks into the kitchen to grab the tray of food. When they come back, you place eggs, hashbrowns, and bacon on your plate. You then stand to get coffee (Or tea) and sit back down. "So, y/n! Can I read the book?" The little child asks. You laugh at the way she loves your book. Even though it's not made for children. "Sadly, I need Wi-Fi to access the novel. But when I see you later, you can."

"Aw!"

"Hey, at least you have something to look forward to!"

"I guess..." You laugh and continue to eat your food. You look over to see your brother poking you relentlessly. You turn to him with a creepy smile to hide the fact that you're annoyed. "Yes?" You tilt your head to the right swiftly which scares him off. "Much better." You mutter.

When you finish breakfast, you walk back to the cabin with the younger girl around your arm. She almost slips on the snow, but you catch her. "Carful Cori!" She smiles at you at holds her hands above her head. You smile and pick her up, walking up the steps towards the cabin. You place her on a chair and take off her boots. She hugs you and runs off leaving you smiling as you take off yours.

You walk down to your room and retrieve your journal from the shelf. When you get back upstairs you sit by the window and gaze out towards the snow. The families with tiny children were up in their wing getting them ready for skiing and tubing. You and your group had the place to yourselves. The snow was calming, and you were the only one in the main room. You saw the shadow again which really caught you off guard. You stand up and begin to look for it.

Someone must have caught you in the act because you hear, "Y/n? What are you doing?" You turn around to find Cori in her skiing outfit looking at you with a puzzled expression. You smile and quickly come up with a lie. "I lost my pen. I'm just looking for it."

"Want to borrow my dad's?"

"I'm okay."

"Cori! We need to get going." her father says as he enters the room. The small child turns to him and says, "Y/n Lost her pen. Can she use yours?"