Surprises and Confession

You wake up from your mother shaking you. "Y/n? Wake up. We're home." Your eyes flutter open and you exit the car. You plug it in and walk through the threshold of the house. You walk to your room and put your bag next to the door. Your mother walks in and asks for your phone. You place it in her hand, and she scolds you for having an attitude. "Don't hand it to me like that. Try again." You roll your eyes. "Do that again, and your grounded for a week." You feel as though you're about to have an outrage, but you calm yourself. You place a fake smile on your face and "nicely" hand her your phone. Once she leaves, you flop back first onto your bed.

Alastor appears with a wide grin. You sit up and ask, "What's with the wide grin, Smiley?" You tilt your head as you say the nickname. His grin widens and he stand up straight, spinning his staff several times in his right hand, before placing it on the floor and leaning on it. "I find it amusing when you get angry." You lay back down. "Of course you do." You hear him chuckle as the bed dips. You roll over to face the wall. "I'll let you get some sleep, dear." You feel the covers being pulled over you. Once you're sure you're alone, you let your tears run free.

You wake up from the front door being slammed. Your parents had another fight. You would see who's leaving this time, but you don't have your phone. As you sit up, everything turns as white as newly fallen snow. You clutch your head until everything becomes clear. You stand up from bed and walk to the door. As you reach for the handle, you hesitate. After a few seconds, you open the door and walk to the kitchen. You open a cabinet of glasses and fill one with water. You walk to the front window to see which keys are gone and which car is missing. It's your mother as usual. You turn around to find your father behind you. "Ah!" You almost spill your water. "Geez, what is it with everyone and popping up out of nowhere and behind me?!" He laughs. "So, you and mom had another fight?" He nods. "She's not coming back, is she?" He shakes his head. You walk up and hug him. "We'll be fine. We're a team. Remember?"

Ever since you were a kid, your mother was never home. You grew up with your father and your brother and that was pretty much your family. Your mother then got two jobs and really wasn't home. When she was, she just yelled at you for hours on end. Your father was pretty much your protective shield. Your brother never had to deal with this bullshit, so he doesn't really understand it all.

Your brother walks through the door from being outside. "Where's mom?" You look at your father. "I'll leave that to you." You nervously laugh.

You sigh as you walk out the back door and into your backyard. You walk to the "Ninga Center" your parents built with you last summer and climb on top of it.

You start to take some deep breaths as you look into the sky

You start to take some deep breaths as you look into the sky. The pink and blue sky reminds you of cotton candy. You then hear Alastor's voice on the cross beam next to you. "This is a nice hangout spot!" He says as he looks around. He's wearing a different outfit for the weather change. He has a red button up shirt that went down to his elbows and was folded up and buttoned to stay in place. On the chest of the shirt was a thin black cross. The neck of the shirt coved his neck like a turtleneck with a slit down the middle. He has a marron bowtie with a red and golden jewel in the center, He had a marron and crimson striped vest that folded out above the buttons. Finally, he has black legging-ish dress pants, and black gloves that open at the knuckles at the top of his fingers, with the exception of his thumb.