Breakup With a Dance

You sit at the desk with a nervous expression on your face. You look over to Alastor who smiles and holds up a thumbs up. Dylan then walks in and waves at you. You smile and wave as the bell rings. You stand and walk to the front of the class. "Good morning, everyone, as you know my name is Alastor. As far as I know, I will be your sub for the rest of the week. Your assignment is on Google Classroom."

You return back to your seat and look at the attendance sheet. You start to take attendance and then you get to Dylan. "Dylan?" You see him poke Alastor in the ribs and laugh. Alastor's eyes turn red, and he feels embarrassed. Dylan looks at you and says, "Here." You nod once and check him off.

Alastor's Pov:

Y/n wasn't kidding. This boy is very touchy. As y/n is taking attendance, he pokes me in the ribs. I swear I am about to murder him. I think to myself. I start to wonder why y/n fell for him in the first place. Was this real? Was this what teenage boys did nowadays? When y/n calls her own name, I look at her with my red eyes. She smiles but it immediately falls when she notices my eyes. She taps the pen to her eyes, and I take a breath, calming myself.

I turn back to Dylan who was looking at me weirdly. "Um, yes?" I ask. Sticks out his tongue rapidly and laughs. I turn to face what y/n calls a computer. We have TVs in hell, but I made sure Charlie never got this.

Y/n walks up to my desk and places a note on it. I read it and follow her into the hall. "So?" She asks. "You weren't kidding. That asshole keeps poking the shit out of me!" I say as I drag my hands down my- well her face. "See? It's hard, isn't it? One point for n/n, zero for Alastor!"

"Oh, so this is a game, is it?" Y/n crosses her arms and I place my hands on my hips. "Game on." I say as my eyes turn red. "So, what's your next move?"

"I have a plan. Trust me."

"Why does that frighten me?"

"It should."

"Alastor."

"I won't hurt him." I then turn around and claw the air. "Not that much." I mutter as my eyes turn red. I then turn to face her. "Don't worry." I then head back into the class and sit down. "What was that about?" Dylan whispers to me. This kid is way too close to me. I think to myself. I turn to him with a smile. "Oh nothing. Don't worry about it. Listen, we need to talk. When can we do that?"

"We have lunch together. If you don't mind eating outside."

"Wonderful."

At lunch time, y/n sits on the gravel near the steps where Dylan and I sit. Dylan is eating a turkey and lettuce sandwich and goldfish or whatever they're called. "You're not going to eat anything?" He asks me. I shake my head. "I had a big breakfast." Which was true. I had a wonderful meal of venison this morning.

"So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Us." I reply with a smile. "Okay? Oh yeah! I wanted to see how you were feeling?"

"You asked me that yesterday."

"I can't check in?"

"You check in a lot. It's getting annoying."

"I want to make sure you're okay." He then leans on my shoulder and pulls me closer by my waist. I push him away and dust off my outfit. I look at him and take a breath, "Dylan, this isn't working out."

"What's going on? I'm sure we can fix it."

"I don't think we can." He looks at me confused. "What's the problem."

"Well for starters, you send me messages that I don't need to know about, your always with me, you touch me way too much, you act very strange, I can go on and on." There's a moment of silence. I plaster a smile on my face. "Oh, well I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. But I can do better. This was a good talk." Still smiling, my eyes narrow. "No. I need to break up with you."

"Oh, um. Okay. Well, do you still want to be friends?"

"I'll think about it. But as of right now, I don't see how or why we should be." I stand and leave him on the steps, walking over to y/n. We walk past him and to the front of the building where we could not be seen. I snap my fingers and we switch places. "Ah, now that's much better." I say as I dust off my sleeves. "Thank you, Alastor." Y/n says. I smile down at her. "Of course, my dear. Now you have a few more classes, nothing too crazy."

"Only two left. I have my small business and math class. They're a breeze."

Second Person Pov:

It's weird not having Alastor with you. He has to stay in your AP class because he's the sub all day. Anyway, you sit at your desk with the two most annoying classmates there is in the history of the universe. The start flinching Legos at you. You turn to them with a mean smile. "Yes?" They laugh and shrug it off. You sigh and pinch the bridge of your nose. You look back towards the board and write down more notes on your paper.

Your phone starts buzzing like crazy, so you pick it up. You find over a dozen messages from Dyaln. Not wanting to deal with him, you sigh and put it away. You want Alastor to be with you when you look at them. Well, you want him to look at them. You can't. Not at this point. He told you earlier that Dylan wanted to remain friends and you shook my head. You want to cut all ties with him.

After school, you walk to my room after saying hello to your father. You then close my door and lay on your carpet. Alastor appears from his shadow form and sits in your desk chair. "Here. Dylan texted me." You hand him your phone. He tosses his staff onto your bed. You roll over onto your stomach and watch as he reads them. "This boy never gives up, does he?" Alastor says as he looks at you. You shake your head and slam it into the carpet. He stands and kneels on one knee in front of you. He lifts your chin, so you look into his deep, strawberry red eyes. "This was good for you."

"What are you my guardian angel? How do you know what's good for me?" You sit up and turn away from him, crossing your arms. "If that's what you consider me."

"More like stalker."

"Fair enough." You phone dings in his hand. "It's Maia."

"What did she say?"

"The dance tickets are out, and she wants to know if you're going. Oh sorry, if you want to go with her." Your eyes widen. The last dance you went to was the freshmen year the Winter Formal. You went alone and when you saw Maia, it made the night so much better. You turn to face him and nod your head. "She says, you both should wear red."

"I don't have any red dresses."

"Well then, I guess we need to go shopping."

"This weekend?" He nods. You smile. A night with Maia is just what you need.

That night, you take your hair out of your ponytail. You already changed into pajamas. You finish taking off your make up and you see Alastor appear in the mirror. You turn around and walk over to him. "I didn't think you would finish hunting that fast." You say as you place your hands on your hips. He laughs and leans against the wall. "I found a good pack this time."

"Was it the place that I recommended?" You ask as you climb into bed. He nods. You face the wall as he places his staff on your desk and he takes off his coat, placing it on your desk chair. You feel the bed dip and you turn over to find Alastor sitting facing the wall, his feet flat on the ground, reading a book. "Is this what you do while I sleep?" You ask with a raised brow. He smiles wider and looks at you. "I need to keep myself busy while I keep a lookout."

"Lookout?" You quietly repeat to yourself. He chuckles. "Of course! I wouldn't want my new project getting hurt!" You give him a "look". He laughs and says, "I made a deal, and I am sticking to it. Now, you need to sleep. Remember the test you have tomorrow." You groan and fall back onto your pillow. "I can move you away from him, dear. Don't worry." Alastor says as he glances at you. You face the wall and smile. Knowing Alastor is there makes you feel safe. He's still creepy as shit and you still don't really like him, but maybe this is the start to a new acquaintance.

A/N: I just created an Alastor one shot. There are no limits and requests are open!