Chapter 34

Amelia's heart sank as Robb's demand echoed in the air. She had hoped to find solace in the presence of her uncle, a brief respite from the chaos and uncertainty that had consumed her since arriving in the North. But now, faced with Robb's relentless insistence, she felt a sense of betrayal gnawing at her core.

Uncle Jaime's eyes narrowed with concern as he watched the exchange unfold, his voice laced with apprehension. "Amelia, what is he asking of you?" he questioned, his tone tinged with urgency.

Amelia hesitated, torn between her loyalty to her family and her growing affection for Robb. She had already revealed more than she ever thought possible, betraying her own blood for the sake of a man who promised her a future she dared to dream of. But now, faced with Robb's relentless demands, she found herself questioning the cost of her loyalty.

Robb's gaze hardened as he stepped forward, his expression determined. "Amelia, we need to know everything," he insisted, his voice tinged with frustration. "Every strategy, every weakness. We cannot afford to hold anything back."

Amelia felt a surge of defiance rise within her, her resolve hardening in the face of Robb's demands. "I've given you more than enough," she countered, her voice tinged with anger. "I have nothing more to give you."

Robb's jaw tightened, his frustration evident in his clenched fists. "You promised to help us end this war," he reminded her, his voice strained. "You promised to stand by my side, no matter the cost."

Uncle Jaime watched the exchange in silence, his expression grave. He had seen the toll that war could take on even the strongest of souls, and now he feared for his niece's safety in this tumultuous land.

Amelia's heart pounded in her chest as she met Robb's unwavering gaze, her mind racing with conflicting emotions. She had risked everything for him, betrayed her own family for the chance of a future by his side. But now, faced with his relentless demands, she found herself questioning the depth of his love for her.

With a heavy heart, Robb reached out to her, his voice softening with desperation. "Amelia, please," he pleaded, his eyes searching hers for a flicker of understanding. "We need you. I need you."

But Amelia's resolve remained unyielding, her gaze steady as she met his pleading eyes. "I cannot give you what you ask," she whispered, her voice tinged with sorrow. "I have already given too much."

In a moment of desperation, Robb reached out to her, his hand closing around her wrist with a firm grip. "You cannot abandon us now," he implored, his voice tinged with desperation. "We need you, Amelia. I need you."

But before she could respond, Robb was dragging her away from her uncle, his grip tight and unyielding. "We have wasted enough time," he declared, his voice tinged with frustration. "It is time to saddle up. We have a war to win."

Amelia's heart sank as she watched her uncle fade into the distance, a sense of helplessness washing over her. She had hoped to find refuge in his presence, a brief respite from the turmoil that surrounded her. But now, faced with Robb's relentless demands, she found herself questioning the promises she had made, the sacrifices she had endured.

As they continued their journey southward, the weight of Robb's demands hung heavy in the air, a reminder of the fractured promise that bound them together. And as they prepared to face the looming threat of Joffrey Baratheon, Amelia couldn't help but wonder if their love would be enough to withstand the trials that lay ahead.