Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Robb laid Amelia down next to him as he had realised that she had finally fallen into a slumber after crying herself to sleep. Robb knew that at this early hour in the morning he should be asleep to, but he couldn't his head was full of things that he needed to do and many things that would ensure his survival during these times. But the main thing on Robbs mind was the note from the king, he wanted to know what it said why she couldn't carry on reading it, Robb had a small fear within him that Joffrey may have taken the most innocent thing away from this women that he had next to her. But somewhere in his mind he knew this was not the case, she was innocent when he touched her or kissed her so he knew that this must not be the case.

As Robb slowly rose from the bed he tried to be as quiet as possible but he fell and tumbled to the ground finding that he was wrapped up in various pieces of clothes and cloths that had not been put away. Robb subtly; laughed to himself as the thought of Arya swept through his mind with the messed up clothes and the untidiness of the area. As Robb neared the small desk that was in her room he noticed a few things, at first he noticed a pile of letters all from kings landing which had yet to be opened. Robb felt somewhat uncertain at the prospects of lions in his cave; but then again felt the comfort of the fact that she had not read them. Did this show her loyalty? Her respect for him?

Robb then noticed a small piece of parchment under the letters, with small and delicate handwriting it was addressed to the king but had not yet been completed. Robb fumbled over the words he was confused and surprised by what the princess was saying. He knew that she loved her brother, from when he was in kings landing he could tell that she wouldn't leave her brothers side. But he knew that was because she hadn't been allowed to make her own path yet and understand who she really was. As Robb carried on looking through the mass of letters and notes Robb noticed the crumples and slightly ripped letter that was displayed in front of his that evening.

Rob slowly picked up the letter and started to read; starting from the top:

My sweet little lioness;

If I could be there to protect you from those Northern Backstabbers than I would come running to you as quickly as I could. But mother says that I am not allowed for we need this treaty. I tried to persuade everyone but no one is having any of it; it's like they don't want you back.

I hear that you and the Northern men are becoming friendly with you; all I hear are good reports on your manners and your credit to our house, and even though you are not in my arms I believe that this is true. I received a message from grandfather he is saying that he is taking over as hand of king and I believe that this is the best way forward for the seven kingdoms.

I wish that you were back in my bed next to me. So I could wake up to your scent and the pure sight of you as you laid there in the nude. Way that your breasts fall but the plumpness of them and the way that your body curves accentuates your figure even more, what I would do to have that back next to me. Your body is something that I remember vividly to this day and I hope it hasn't changed. I have said before but my bed is cold without the warmth that you bring to it.

I hope that your betrothed is coming south to swear fealty to my cause as king and no one else. The throne is mine.

Yours forever

Joffrey Baratheon

First of his name-King of the seven kingdoms.

Robb felt discomfort and anger as his eyes scanned the letter again, he had seen something that was for Robbs eyes only and that worried him. Robb feared that Joffrey could use this against him it was apparent that Amelia would have to be the pawn in the game that they were playing and that in hindsight this marriage would not end up happening. But he hoped that he could use this anger and frustration to his advantage as he headed towards the south.

As Robb looked over to Amelia he noticed that she was starting to wake up and slipped back into the bed next to her as she woke up. But as Amelia woke up in the warm bed and the comfort that she felt it was like she was back at home and at that time the thought scared her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry another short chapter I was planning on doing a chapter on the Lords arriving and the 'Oathbreaker scene' but a reader wanted to know what was in the rest of the letter. So I hope this chapter was okay and that the you understood the letter. I hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Updating next Saturday/ Sunday.