Chapter 22

Robb walked into his betrothed tent to find her curled up into a ball and whimpering slightly in the corner. He didn't know how to approach her, he looked at how quizzically. She had everything in which she needed he had made sure of it even though she turned down his request for her to have dinner with him. Robb knew the hardship of her leaving home and the possibility of not returning, he knew that the task of leaving a place of warmth and protection was a fear for many. But the alliance was needed, many suffering and although Robb was happy with the alliance- Amelia was a beautiful and kind hearted women who would become a loving wife. He knew that the pair was paying the price for their families' errors and mistakes.

Amelia quickly wiped away the tears that had fallen down her face away. As she looks up she noticed the Lord and quickly rushed to stand up to greet him. But he walked forward and put a hand on the young princess's shoulder as he looked at the young girl in front of him. "My lord I am sorry. I was not feeling to well and I..." Amelia paused for a moment as she looked at Robbs face. He had kind eyes, a glint of something unknown in them- something that she had never seen before. She had only seen anger or manipulation being played in someone's eyes, even of those that she loved. As Amelia quickly let her gaze fall to the floor she continued "That's why I didn't come to dinner. I'm sorry if I angered you." She rambled out as fast as she could. But then again rob shook his head, as he guided Amelia to the bed that lay in the middle of the tent. "Do not worry. I'm certain that there was a reason. Maybe tomorrow you could come and have dinner with me. Now wipe away those tears. There's no need to cry I am not scary I assure you." The pair laughed at the comment as Amelia yawned. "I am sorry again. I am not used to travelling much. Or being away from my family."

Rob had finally got to the answer that he was looking for without even asking. He knew that Amelia was vulnerable at the time Rob knew that he knew that she wasn't going to like the idea of not being home. But that was how it was. She was going to have to learn to cope and it was his job to help her. "I promise that my family will become yours. We will not harm you or treat you wrongly. We are a Nobel and honest family. And for traveling it gets easier. I assure you." Amelia simply nodded her head as she desperately wanted sleep to take her.

"Now sleep Amelia all will be right in the morning." The young princess nodded her head as rob pulled the covers up. But it wasn't coming easily as she kept her eyes upon the top of the tent as Rob kissed her forehead and started to leave. "I want a family again, mine has become a mess. I just want some security, maybe even someone who will be there to pick up the pieces and let my act fall." Amelia mutters quietly to herself, with only Robbs ears hearing her confession of a desperate plea of someone to keep her safe and guarded. From the moment that he left her he made a promise that he would do that- give her a place to feel safe and for she cannot play the game that she plays to please everyone else and struggle to live through her.

Amelia remembered that evening. The first one in which they had together he had comforted her and she was grateful for it. Rob was always cautious of the young princess he had grown close to her in the past few weeks that they had been riding. With the pair finding more in commons than they had first thought. They had a few moments where they would be free and talk honestly to each other, but they were very rare as Amelia was not one to be so open about herself, it was something that would take time and between them they had a lot of it.

But anyone that saw Amelia knew that she was craving to ride and not being stuck in the carriage- wanting to ride alongside the lords and talk to them so that when they arrived in Winterfell they knew her. She hated being confided to the small constraints of the carriage but disobeying her brother was something she knew she must not do. Many could tell form Amelia's face that she couldn't stand the small amount of space. Lady Caitlyn could see the disappointment in the young girls eyes every time she saw someone ride and as much as Caitlyn detested the Lannister's she tried to persuade rob to let her ride and this lead to controversy between the family. Robb knew that word would reach the king and if it wasn't Amelia which was punished for disobeying her king then it would be Robb or his father and he couldn't make his father suffer for his mistakes- he knew how ruthless the capital was especially with lions ruling it. Amelia felt bad for the argument and tried to stay away from it as she didn't want many to thing that she was going to cause the stark families break down.