𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛

Today is halima's second wedding event, her kamu and as much as she wanted me by her side; I wanted to be away from the crowd. I had exams today, so she could understand, she had too.q

Though now, I am done and parking my car in the crowded compound, though my spot was free. I could hear the loud music at the backyard.

I got down and walked to the front door, avoiding the kids running around then safely getting inside. I greeted a few of the anty's I saw in on my way up. Baba's sister's and cousins were pretty nice, none of them had a problem with me.

I opened my room with my key, I had to keep it locked because people that love snooping around. I prayed then I wanted to take a bath, but decided against it. I'll do that later, I'm already late and if I get any later, I won't hear the end of it from halima. So I dressed in my clothes for the kamu, it's similar to batools. I picked my phone and the locked my door and slipped the key in my pocket.

I went downstairs and then followed the kitchen to the back, I stopped to get a bottle of malt from the fridge and went out to the back.

There were two large tents, one for just everyone to sit then the other for the bride's and her friends. I greeted more people before getting to the tent.

"Finally, tell me you just came back". Halima said when I came in.

"I just came in". She glared at me playfully and then made me sit beside her.

The photographer, a female, took our pictures, a lot of them. I was looking for how to get away from the camera, when batool screamed.

"Ya Dee!". We both turned to see what she screamed at.

It was Hashim's wife. She's over dressed, I get she's coming for a wedding but this dressing was one to out do the bride. But no matter what, halima was still the prettiest today, it's her day.

I stood up for the said ya Dee to sit and take pictures. My phone started ringing and I pulled it out to see it was Baba. I moved away from the music and placed the phone to my ear.

"Daliah". That spine chilling daliah.

"Yes, Baba".

"Are you back?".

"Yes, I just came back".

"Okay, please come to my living room".

"Okay". He hung up and I made my way back inside.

I went to his living room where he was seated with his phone.

"Yauwa. I want to send you on an errand, my aunt's train is arriving soon. I need you to pick her up".

"Okay".

"I'll send you her phone number now. Take my car". Baba never lets anyone use his car.

I walked quickly, because according to her train details, she's arriving in ten minutes. She'll have to wait but atleast if I go earlier, she won't have to wait long.

"Daliah, where are you going?". Faruq asked, he was by his car.

"Baba sent me".

"With his car?!".

"Later, I'm in a hurry". I entered the car and left the house.

I drove as fast as I could and got there ten minutes late. She probably waited for 15 to 20 minutes.

It wasn't hard finding her, she was quick to pick the call and we communicated well. Soon enough we were in the car and I must say she is chatty, which I'm not but I think she realised that because she stopped taking and called someone on her phone.

When we got home, I took her to Baba's living room. There was someone else there.

"Thank you my dear". He told me as I dropped his keys and his attention moved to his aunt.

I left them but I caught something the anty said.

"Alhaji Hashimu, kwana biyu". So that was him. Wait, he was with faruq earlier too.

I went back to halima, they were dancing then.

"Where were you?".

"I'll tell you later".

"Dance with me".

"Or I can take pictures and videos then send them to Rashad". I moved away from her and used my phone to become a photographer.

I liked that she looked happy, she's meant to be. Her mother isn't here, she's out of the country on business. She wasn't there for her graduation too. Or faruq's when he graduated secondary school. Since I've been with them, they haven't visited her. So I could say they haven't met in like three years?. That's bad.

One of Baba's sisters asked me to help her with a water from inside and I went to do that. My phone rang and picked seeing it was annoor.

"I can't believe I'm missing this". She whined.

"It's not my fault you're sick".

"I didn't say it's your fault. But I'm coming tomorrow". I opened the kitchen door and went in. I saw Hashim and khadija together, they had jumped apart slightly when I came in.

"Okay". I looked away from them and replied annoor.

"So, how's everything there. Send me pictures". I opened a cabinet to get a basket.

"I'm running errands". She laughed at me.

"Well, send me pictures later". I arranged bottles of water in the basket.

"Okay, bye".

"Bye". I hung up and slipped the phone in my pocket and carried the basket out. I had totally forgotten they were still standing there.

I dropped the basket and decided to go inside as I was tired of the place and I had to read for my exams tomorrow. I followed the front door, so I don't interrupt a couple thing again.

Unfortunately luck wasn't on my side, they were in the living room on the first floor. Why are they everywhere? I ignored them and continued for the stairs.

"Daliah right?". I stopped and turned to look at them.

I didn't reply her, just have her blank look. Why ask if you know my name.

"I don't think we have met before. Babe have you guys met?". She direct the last part to Hashim but he didn't reply her, he was looking at me.

I don't think my standing here is productive, I have nothing to say to them.

"Excuse me". With that I was gone.

I went into my room, took a bath, prayed and got ready to start reading my books.

//////////

Well, you've met khadija. What do you think of her, first impression wise.

Let me know by commenting and vote too.

Cíao!