𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒

I was in the kitchen testing my cooking skills. Yes, I decided to start cooking. The only reason why I didn't really want to ever cook was because I was burnt with a hot pan in that shit hole because I tried to cook.

But, I don't like the fact that Hashim goes to work and comes back tired, I see him tired sometimes but still goes in the kitchen to make me something to eat. I learnt how to cook noodles and pasta while he was away and today that he's going to be in khadija's I'm trying to bake something, I would have thought I couldn't do it, but with internet what can't you do?

I leant over the island trying to understand what understand what the lady in the phone was explaining, I had paused in the middle of the third batch of failed cupcakes, I decided to not follow what she was doing and actually listen and learn first.

I heard the front door open and I straightened up and walked out of the kitchen confused, Hashim is supposed to be at khadija's today.

"Did you forget something?". I asked looking at him as he dropped his keys and pulled off his shoes.

As he walked towards me, his eyes roved my body and I suddenly remembered I was wearing a body hugging maxi dress, I seriously should stop wearing these, this shoupd be the third time he's catching me off guard wearing these. I crossed my arms on my chest as if it would help but atleast his eyes traveled back to my face and he smiled and by then he was in front of me.

He pulled my arms down and locked his hands on my waist.

"No, I was away from you for hmm..". He looked as if he was in thought.

"52 days, so we have to make up for that".

"But..".

"I have a feeling you don't like that". He feigned hurt.

"No, I...".

"You look so serious". He chuckled and kissed my forehead.

"What were you doing?". I stared at him and he rose his eye brow urging me to speak and I scratched my nose with the tip of my finger nervously.

"Uhmm.. cooking".

"Cooking?!". He looked genuinely shocked.

"Yes".

"What?". He released me and started towards the kitchen.

He stood before the messy Island and I went to stand beside him.

"I can't get the cake recipe right but I can cook". He looked up at me with a smile.

I turned and got water for him from the fridge and a cup and gave it to him.

"Thank you".

"Make dinner for me". He said.

"Go and freshen up then". He left after that and I cleared the island and started cooking noodles.

He joined me again minutes later, he sat on a stool and just watched me walk around with a smile on his face, it became weird, but I didn't complain.

He stood up and I didn't look at him, he came to where I stood by the cooker and stood behind me.

"I've never seen your hair". He said behind me.

"Ofcourse you have".

"I haven't seen it loose".

"Yes you have, when I was sick, right?".

"No, like loose". Then he pulled the ribbon holding my messy uncombed hair together before I could protest.