𝐸𝑝𝑖𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒

To think I am willing to give these kids out when just two months ago, I couldn't wait to have them in my arms. I look like a zombie, they don't let me sleep! Like when this one is awake, the other is asleep and vice versa, you hardly see them sleeping at the same.

Though I honestly don't have much problem with Amin, he's the sweetest and calmest child, though, he also has his flaws. Aman on the other hand is the exact opposite. Somehow, she recognises her father's presence and only want to be with him. I told you that 60 seconds bonding was a mistake.

Just like any other day, she was crying for no reason. I've fed her, bathed her, done everything possible but she's still crying. I resigned to laying her on my thighs as I sat on the carpeted floor while her brother slept peacefully on the couch, not minding her cries. I also tuned her out and watched what was showing on TV, I had put on subtitles as she made it difficult to hear.

I heard the front door open and Hashim's familiar routine before I heard his footsteps coming in.

"Daliah? What's wrong with her". He asked picking her up and a minute later, she shut her mouth, what a hypocrite.

"She was just throwing her usual tantrum and I let her". He glared at me and patted her back and whispered sweet nonsense in her ear.

When she was finally calm, he leaned down and kissed my head then did same to Amin.

"How was work?".

"You look horrible, baby". He brushed my hair out of my face.

"I know".

"Go and rest, I'll look after them okay?".

"Thank you". I kissed his cheek and then went upstairs.

I took a nice bath and then laid in bed, I fell asleep immediately. Who said mothering twins was easy.

I didn't really wake, except to pray Isha and then subh the next day. Hashim did a great job babysitting, they love him more, I know. The next day, I felt very refreshed, I couldn't remember the last time I slept like that.

During lunch time, they were asleep, which I was grateful for. One of the rarest time they slept together. I made lunch while Hashim rested.

They all didn't wake up until a little before asr. The first time in months, the house is peaceful. Hashim had lunch and I fed them too. Minutes later, Amin was asleep again. It was that easy for him unlike someone. I took him upstairs and came back down where Hashim was cheering Aman.

The doorbell rang and I looked at Hashim in question and he shrugged. We both weren't expecting anyone. I was wearing cotton pants and Hashim's shirt, so I went to get the door. I saw khadija on the screen beside the door. Oh. I haven't seen her since I gave birth.

"Hey daliah". She greeted when I opened the door.

"Hi. Come in". I moved aside for her. This is her first time in my house.

"Who is it?". Hashim asked me.

"See for yourself". I walked to the kitchen and started arranging drinks and snacks on a tray.

I heard Amin's soft shrill and I made my way out of the kitchen but Hashim was already going for the stairs.

"Gatch you". I smiled and went back to get the tray.

Aman was quietly observing khadija, you can imagine my shock. Hashim came back with Amin.

"Hashim see this girl. If it was me, she'll burst my ear drums". I said when he sat back.

"I'll take her with me then". Khadija said and we all laughed.

"Thank god, I have to finish some work". Hashim stood up and as if she heard him, she let out a loud shrill and he groaned and took her upstairs with him.

Khadija took Amin. I could see how happy she looked with them.

"Uhm daliah..". I looked at her.

"I know we haven't been the best but I want to forget that. Even if it's just for the kids, I really love them and I want to see much of them. If you're okay with it ofcourse". She added the last part quickly.

"Yeah sure. They are lucky to have two mothers while others have none". She nodded gratefully and then the next thing was Aman's cries and Hashim's footsteps coming down. I shook my head and khadija laughed.

"I think it's her diaper". I told him.

"I'm sorry, but sweetheart I have to work". He told Aman as if she'd understand then he went back up.

"Can I do it?". Khadija asked.

"Sure". I led her up the stairs with a wailing Aman and we went to the babies room.

They don't sleep there alone, they sleep with us but their things are kept in the room. I gave her everything she'd need to clean them up and I watched as she did so carefully.

We went back downstairs after that, and I invited her to the kitchen to make dinner with me. We placed the babies in their carriers and she watched them while I walked around and apparently, this lady is nice to talk to. She just let her bitch attitude get in before.

Hashim came down many minutes later and just alternated between talking to the babies and helping with the food, then he chipped in to our conversation. we had dinner together after praying Maghreb and then she bid the babies goodnight and went on her way.

Later, we sat in the living room, hashim leaned back on the couch with the two babies on his chest and I curled up beside him with my head on his lap and we watched some movie that was playing.

Looking back to seven years back, I didn't have anyone to call my family. Then I met Baba. Halima, faruq, batool, Annoor, Laila, khadija, Hashim, Amin and Aman. Honestly, I don't think anything can faze me anymore, not after my past. Not after having all these people in my life. The most important thing is I am happy and I'll just look back and shrug and say it's all in the past.

/////////////

Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah.

We are finally done. Khadija has come to her senses.

I'm not sure if you guys didn't want her and Hashim to end up together but in the plot of the story, they were never supposed to separate.

Yes, she's annoying and a bitch, but she's also human and a woman who loves her husband and thought her childhood love would belong to only her but she had to share. Paired with the fact that her childish attitude of not wanting to have children yet damaged her. I think, she's just a hurt lady. Let's forgive her.

Please vote, give your farewell comments! And make sure your friends read this story.

Don't forget to add A THROW AT LOVE AGAIN to your library when it is out. I'll make sure to let you know when it's out!

Fi amanillah!