𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑓𝑖𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

I think Hashim has started to spoil me, because usually even if I don't eat solid food for a whole week, I wouldn't really feel it. But now, I didn't eat his food for a day and my stomach was grumbling nonstop. I am craving his noodles, and on a normal day, I'll have hope that when he comes back, he'll make it for me, but we had argued and we haven't spoken for a whole day- that my be my fault.

I withdrew to taking cereal to calm my angry stomach. He's supposed to be back by now, but like I said we argued and he probably is angry and won't even come.

I went to the kitchen and poured cereal in a bowl and as I brought out milk from the fridge, I heard his car come in. I assumed it's his, if not the security man would ask me whether to let whoever in.

He came into the house after I had poured my milk and was looking for ice cubes, I expected him to just go up but I turned and found him leaning on the door frame.

I stared at him the longest I could, wondering what to say and he stared back.

"Welcome back". I said quietly.

"I've been trying to reach you since yesterday". He replied instead.

"I didn't charge my phone".

"For a whole day?". I looked at him and nodded, he didn't look like he believed me.

He left the door and came to stand opposite me by the island.

"How have you been?".

"Fine". He peered into my bowl.

"Have you eaten?". He looked at me.

"That's what I'm doing". I shoved a spoonful in my mouth.

"Tell me you ate something else already". I stared at him blankly.

"What did you eat in the past two days".

"Uhh, malt, malt, water, apple, malt, malt...".

"You survived on malt for two days?!". I nodded as my mouth was full.

"You don't eat healthy Daliah". I looked at him. Like looked at him now.

He looked tired, he's probably from the office and had discarded his blazer and tie in the living room and unbuttoned the top two buttons allowing small skin to peek out. I cleared my throat and looked away.

"Let me make you something". He said.

"Don't bother, you look tired". I had now finished my cereal and moved to the sink to wash it.

He was quiet while I did that and even when I opened the fridge to get water and malt to take with me to my room. So I took one water for him too and dropped it in front of him with a cup.

"Goodnight". I told him and made for the door.

I didn't go far when he grabbed my arm causing me to stop. I turned slightly, looked at his hand on my arm then at his face, searching for any reason why he would do that.

He released me and stepped forward leaving a very small space between us, but I didn't move away.

"I'm sorry, about my mother that day". I looked away, ofcourse he was apologizing.

"I told you, it's fine".

"It isn't, she should not have said or done something like that".

"Okay". I looked up at him and I only realised he had a small mole on his neck, by the side, right under his jaw. Then he had swallowed and his Adams apple moved.

"I'm serious, I'm sorry". I pulled my eyes back to his face.

"It's not your fault, so stop apologizing".

"I know but...". I zoned him out, I watched his lips move but I hardly heard anything, something is wrong with me.

"Daliah". He called, his hands were on my shoulders and he was even closer now.

"I'm fine". I answered.

He stared at me for a few seconds then stood straight, releasing my shoulders.

I turned to leave but for the second time this night, he stopped me. This time he pulled me back harder, not roughly so when I turned, I almost hit his chest, but I placed my palms flat on his chest to avoid me hitting him and also to create some space between us and I looked up at him with a reprimanding and confused look.

"What are you doing?". I asked him.

"You made me a promise, don't you remember?". He looked somewhat amused at my discomfort. His hands moved to my waist to hold me from moving a squirmed at that.

"What promise?".

"You're wearing contacts and I'm sure you know I'm going to be home today". I stared at him.

"No, I forgot".

"Do you always have them on".

"No?". His gaze dropped to my lips. Is he trying to seduce me? Because if he is, it is working. Concentrate! I told myself.

"Daliah".

"Okay, I won't put them on tomorrow". He leaned in slightly.

"Promise?". His voice dropped too.

"Yes". I didn't even know I said that. It was like I was in a trance.

Just when I thought he was actually going to kiss me, he started to lean back. What?! I mean he shouldn't have made me think he was going to.

I didn't know what made me to, but I moved my palms from his chest to his neck and pulled his face back to me. I was probably still tranced because I actually pressed my lips to his. Just kill me!

He stilled and while I started to wallow in awkwardness and pulled away from the softness of his lips, refusing to meet his gaze. He hadn't released me. Instead, he pulled my face to look at him and he captured my lips with his. I felt his smile against my lips and then he pulled me closer until there was literally no space between us. If that was even possible.

You would think, even after everything I've been through in my life, I'd probably be experienced in this but it this is my first kiss and it was perfect. I don't think it would have been better with anyone else and I didn't need to do anything, he knew what to do, I just had to follow his lead and that was when I came back to my senses. Obviously he'll know what to do, he has shared kisses with khadija and this probably felt indifferent to him if not worse than what he has with khadija.

I placed my palms on his chest again and pushed him slightly, he stopped immediately peering at my face with worry. I pulled away and he released my waist and left for my room.

As I entered the room, I promised not to go out until he had left the house, because I don't think I can face him again.