𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

I was tired of laying on the bed, I didn't want to step out after what I did yesterday. Too awkward. I planned on just staying in my room for the day until I regained my courage, which I didn't know when it was going to happen.

I heard a knock on my door and I know Hashim never knocks, he just barges in and does whatever. But I had a wild guess it is him.

I wanted to pretend I am asleep, so before he could open the door because I didn't answer, I pulled the duvet over my head. As I thought, the door was pushed open and then I think I heard the light switch flick, followed by his footsteps. He stopped by the bed but didn't do or say anything.

I was curious then as to what he was doing but before my curiosity could get the best of me and make me blow my cover, I felt the duvet being pulled from my body. My eyes snapped open and I thanked God, I had decided to sleep in trousers and a shirt, though my arms were exposed.

"Why would you do that". I sat up but did look at him.

"You're awake". He stated. Obviously.

"D..did you do this?". I looked up then, confused then I saw his gaze focused on my scarred arms.

"What do you want". I asked instead.

"Come down for breakfast". He replied and left my room. I would have ignored him, but I am hungry, also something about his voice compelled me to get up and go to the toilet to do my business and go downstairs.

I went downstairs after, I could hear him talking and when I went into the kitchen, I saw that he was on a phonecall. I walked to the fridge and got out a bottle of malt and started making my way out, but he was quick to come to where I was and take the bottle from my hand.

"Have your breakfast". He mouthed and pointed at the gas cooker.

I glared at him and went to plate the food, doesn't he understand I'm trying to avoid him?. I sat on a stool by the island with the food and after he finished his call, he turned to me and dropped the malt in front of me.

"Before you eat me with your eyes". I ignored his comment.

"We are going out today". I looked at him and he stared at me for a few seconds before smiling. I wondered why he is smiling then realised I didn't wear my contacts.

"Where are we going?". I asked to distract him.

"My cousin gave birth and today is the naming ceremony. We're leaving by two". I looked at the wall clock.

"It's already past twelve. Why didn't you tell me earlier".

"I got carried away..". He smiled sheepishly. "And, you are trying to avoid me".

"Why would I avoid you". He shrugged.

"Do I have to go?". I asked.

"Yes, Baba reminded me today and specifically said you had to come with".

He left me to go and get ready and after I finished my breakfast, I went upstairs to get ready too.

I bathed and performed ablution too because it was already time for zuhur. I wore an atampha gown and prayed, then proceeded to do my head tie, pick a bag and take the necessary things I'd need and then stood to pick a shoe. I had three choices; nude, black or green and I stood deciding which one to wear, Hashim barged into my room, and came to the closet way, I rolled my eyes.

"Are you ready". I didn't reply him still contemplating on what to wear.

He held my arm and spun me to face him.