𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑡𝑤𝑜

I loved the feeling of my house. It felt full, really. A week to my due date, Annoor, batool, Laila and halima came down to Kaduna to be with me. I felt special and happy really.

Everyone was on their toes to meet the baby, anticipating their arrival more than me, though I don't think that was possible.

On a Friday evening, we were all in the living room having watching a movie suggested by laila. We had spent the whole day watching movies, everyone made their suggestions then we watched it one after the other until we slept off watching.

It was past my due date with a day but I was assured that it was normal and okay, but I really wanted to hold my baby in my arms, also... I'm tired of feeling like an ant trying to hold up and elephant.

I felt the need to pee and silently prayed my water breaks and I'm relieved today. I made my way to the guest toilet downstairs and before I could even strip, I felt a warm liquid roll down my thigh. Naturally, I would have thought I peed on myself but I'm expecting someone, so I believe they wanted to come out now after cherishing it's mother's womb, my baby.

I still peed, then I went and stood before the girls, though their attention wasn't me.

"I'm happy to announce,". I got their attention. "My water just broke". I said with a smile.

Everything that happened after was a blur. Halima, - the experienced one - threw orders around. An abaya was thrown over the free flimsy long gown I wore and a veil, then while someone went to get the bag, another got a hot water flask, someone called hashim, and I was being pushed outside to the car.

It was only after we were settled in the car and driving to the hospital did I get to speak.

"But, we don't need to rush, I feel fine".

"Then that's good". Halima said driving really fast. I decided not to argue, we arrived at the hospital and I very much walked inside, though a wheelchair was suggested.

The doctor checked me up and said myself and the baby were fine but still they admitted me because I was already a day late, so they couldn't take chances.

"My baby, how do you feel?". Hashim said when he came into the room.

"I'm fine, Has..". The rest of his name didn't get to be pronounced as I moaned feeling a contraction, it was a familiar distant feeling.

"What is it? Do you feel pain?". He asked rushed and then left to get the doctor.

Halima calmly told me to breathe carefully while rubbing my hand soothingly. I could see she didn't want to panic trying to keep herself in check but I could see it in her eyes.

The doctor came in and said we should wait a while longer and when I was very ready, we could bring the babies out.

After some minutes, when I was better, Hashim sat beside me with my hand in his.

"Can't we just hurry up the process, you look like you're in so much pain".

"Like you said it's a process, I'm fine. I promise". He nodded.

The pain was back again and almost thirty minutes later, I was sure the baby was ready to be out.

"I think I can say this now. You're having twins". My doctor announced but we didn't have time to comment as the babies refused to stay longer.

It was a moment I could never forget, trying to bring our baby to the world. I didn't really mind the pain because Hashim was there to soothe it with words, kisses and touches.

I sighed of relieve slightly, when one was out, a boy and I couldn't even see him for long as he was taken away to get cleaned. Then five minutes later, we were back at it and I pushed out his sister easier than him.

I felt the tears rolled down freely, I felt that Allah had granted me the best form of relieve, happiness and therapy. I felt that my babies I lost before were just replaced by Allah, he really was the greatest.

"You did well my baby, I'm proud of you. Thank you". Hashim peppered kisses all over my sweaty face.

Medically suggested, the mother should hold her new born for at least 60 seconds after being pushed out as it helps to create the unbreakable mother-child bond.

As I held our baby boy on my chest, a sob escaped my lips, he looked perfect like his late brother. He looked like me and yes, when he fluttered his eyes briefly at me he also did have our condition. The prettiest eyes, a honey brown that makes you want to melt just by staring at them, shining like a sunset when it's reflected by light and the other the blackest black you could think of. My baby.

I looked at Hashim who held our baby girl in his arms with a proud smile. He had just finished the necessary rituals of calling the azhan and iqama in her ears. I should have known since from then that this girl would be a daddy's girl, she was literally forming the mother-child bond with her father.

We switched the babies after. She looked like an exact replica of her father. Her eyes, her nose, everything except his lips which were mine.

Asiya.

I whispered. My mother's name, I hoped she had a smile as she looked down at her grandkids.

I made it mama. I'm happy, very happy. I fulfilled my promise to be happy.

The babies were taken away so I could be cleaned, then everyone was allowed to come in. I could only be conscious for a little while before Hashim joined me on the bed, occupying very little space and coaxed me to sleep. I closed my eyes without wasting a second and fell in a deep slumber.

The next time I awoke, was to dimly lit room. Outside was dark. I looked around the room to see Baba and Hashim on the couches, they both held the babies and looked happy as they spoke in hushed tones.

"Daliah". Baba called, I could never get used to it.

"I'm proud of you". I smiled at him.

He went back to admiring the baby and Hashim stood up to drop the girl in the crib then came to the bed. He kissed my head.

"I'm sure you're hungry. Khadija brought food but you were asleep. Chicken soup?". I nodded and he moved away to dish it out and then he fed me.

Baba left a while later and we both held the babies in our hands, I with the girl, he with the boy.

"Baby, what should we name them". He asked but I was quiet. "ya Allah, they look perfect, Daliah". He gushed out and I smiled.

"Asiya". I said quietly looking down at the little bundle in my arms.

"Perfect". Hashim whispered.

"And him?".

"You name him". He was quiet for a while thinking.

"Faisal".

"Faisal". I repeated with a smile.

"I love you, Daliah". He said after a while and I looked up at him. He looked very happy.

He leaned down and pressed a chaste kiss on my lips. This was perfect, the four of us.

The next morning, we allowed our sisters, batool and Laila to name them, nicknames. Batool said she wanted a namesake but halima threatened to slap her.

They later decided on nur for both of them but it would be weird calling them the same name, so finally, they chose Amin for him and Aman for her.

////////////

Oh my my my,

We just welcomed Faisal Amin Muhammad Ali and Asiya Aman Muhammad Ali to the world. Masha Allah, Masha Allah.

Say a prayer for them and vote and comment!