𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑜𝑛𝑒

Five minutes with halima and I was pitying her husband. When we speak on the phone, I know she's more bossy now but being with her was worse. But pregnancy didn't really do her bad, she didn't look bloated, her nose and feet were fine it was just her tummy and cheeks.

"Baki da mutunci fa. When you're pregnant I'll come and stay for the last three months". As if she won't have a family to take care of.

"I pray you'll add weight when you get pregnant".

"Stop talking about me being or getting pregnant please".

"Why? Have you even spoken to yaya today?".

"We spoke yesterday".

"You're supposed to talk everyday". I waited for her to finish yelling for her maid to bring her peppersoup before replying.

"You're forgetting that he went there to worship and... he has a wife". She glared at me.

"What are you then? Side chick?". She chuckled at the end of the sentence and scoffed.

"You're his wife too and if possible you two should be on the phone every minute".

"Okay". I looked at her reach her hand out for the bowl of piping hot chicken soup.

"I have to admit though, I wanted to say it since, you... Look happier".

"Happier?".

"Yes, before you had that gloomy angry aura but it's changed". I shrugged, it's true I felt it too.

"So, have you two...". She wiggled her brows and I scrunched my nose.

"You're crazy". She laughed.

"Have you started thinking of names?". I changed the topic quickly.

"Not really, but we'll give them a cool name". I shook my head at her.

After she finished the peppersoup, she took me to her room where she showed me some of the baby's things, she took me to the guest room where the rest were and then we started setting the small box that would be taken to the hospital.

I spent the rest of the day there and promised to come spend the whole of next week with her so I'll be around when she's going to the hospital.

The next day, I went to visit Annoor. She was hyper as always. She kept on gushing, or should I say lying about how I was glowing and looking good, which is a lie. Halima also scolded me about being thin.

"Is like me too I'll come and marry oo". She said looking at me and I shook my head.

"Is it not when you have husband you will marry".

"I told you about Musa".

"I don't like him".

"You don't like anyone".

"What about Fahad". I asked and she sighed.

"I told you to stop joining me with him".

"But you like him. And he likes you too".

"Did I tell you that? Or did he?".

"No, but it is obvious. I mean you guys talk everyday".

"You mean argue".

"You still hear eachothers voice everyday, so?".

"I don't like him".

"Why? What don't you like about him".

"Wait oo, where did this amebo support for him come from. You're supposed to be on my side".

"Okay". She looked like she didn't expect me to give in that quickly.