Chapter 5: Hello London

She wasn't as clever as Mum. She wasn't as powerful as Dad. She wasn't as confident as Scorpius because he'd already changed the world with his abilities. He'd discovered how to make Wiggenwelds at a cheaper commercial cost, making it more affordable for those in need. He would be an amazing doctor like their father. Dad was handing the Manor over to him anyway which she was completely fine with. Really. She liked her own space. But was she the right person for this? Stella took a deep breath and started flipping the hour glass.

Did Heracles ever hesitate when he slayed the nine-headed Lernaean Hydra?

Did Moses ever hesitate when he received God's message?

Did Dad ever hesitate betraying the Death Eaters for love?

Did Mum ever hesitate fighting by Uncle Harry's side all these years?

The answer was yes.

It was normal to be afraid. Terrified even. But as the world rapidly zoomed past her, Stella felt it in the very depths of her soul that this was the right decision. She needed to trust in her own abilities and that whatever she faced in 1898; she could handle and overcome every obstacle.

After all, Stella had no choice.

Her mother's life... and now hers... Depended on it.

Chapter 5: Hello London

The Time Turner spun out of control. For a moment, all she could think about was Madam Eloise Mintumble. Did she feel the same when she travelled to 1402? Since 1899, all experiments resulting time were abandoned. She was trapped for only five days in the past, but coming back-Her body aged the five centuries she was gone.

Irreparable damaged from the time magic, she died in St. Mungos. Her five days in the past also affected the future. More than 25 people disappeared from the present because they were 'un-born.' What if she affected someone's life to the point that their descendants didn't exist? What if she changed the course of history and her parents didn't become lovers-what if her and Scorp were never born?

Stella felt dizzy as the Time-Turner slowed down. Instead of her parents room, she first felt the cold air against the back of her neck, forcing her to pull her cloak around her tighter. It was night, but on the dirty cobblestone street, there were plenty of lanterns illuminating quite the scandalous scenes.

Women she recognized as late 19th century prostitutes were draped against the walls, calling in the drunken men like sirens. The Muggles were drinking and a couple were fighting in an alleyway several meters up the street. This was the worst sort of street that Stella had ever seen.

Thieves.

Prostitutes.

Bullies.

Oh my.

They all surrounded lodging houses she vaguely recognized as doss-houses. Places that offered overnight lodging and minimal amenities. Sort of like hostels, but even the most inexpensive hostel in 2024 would be paradise compared to this.... Dirt.

It smelled like an outdoor loo and someone was vomiting nearby. The noise was enough to make her stomach turn over. In addition to the licentious Muggles, hunger and death prowled the streets, and appeared to be feasting on all those weak of will.