Chapter 6: Jack the R̶i̶p̶p̶e̶r̶ Wizard

He must have been at least six feet tall. Bulky like a rugby player, almost like Teddy. However this wasn't Teddy and she couldn't see his face beneath the shadows. A wide brimmed top-hat and a trench coat that looked far too thin considering tonight's temperature.

Stella narrowed her eyes even as her heart threatened to give out.

What this another sod?

Another pervert?

"Go away." She called out boldly, hearing her voice echo down the empty street. She wasn't a fan of horror films and she wasn't going to ask some idiotic question like 'who's there?' A creepy, strong looking bloke was standing underneath a lamppost down the street. Stella couldn't see his face or any defining features, but she knew he wasn't there to talk about the weather or have a merry chat. "I have a knife."

Wand, actually, and it was far more effective...

At least it would be if her vision wasn't blurring.

To her utter bemusement, she realized the figure was shaking slightly. He was laughing. His arms extended from either side of him.

In his right hand, there was a glint of metal. A long, serrated knife that was almost as long as her forearm. By all accounts, it might as well have been a machete. That was terrifying.

Understatement of the year.

But it was what was in his left hand, that truly scared her. Thanks to the light of the lamppost, she could see it clearly. Stalk, dark brown. Riveted into thirds and the handle scarred. It was a wand.

This man was a wizard.

Chapter 6: Jack the R̶i̶p̶p̶e̶r̶ Wizard

"Arrestum Momentum!"

Stella threw out her arm, the white flash of her ivory, yew wand deflecting the control spell. She gritted her teeth, in a foul mood. Was she a bad luck magnet?

First, she ended up in Whitechapel instead of Malfoy Manor.

Second, she saw and talked with a ghost.

Third, some Muggle tried to attack her.

Fourth, a wizard was currently attacking her.

"Reducto!" Stella aimed directly at his chest, wanting this to be over with fast. She might not have the intent for Avada Kedavra, but she didn't shy away from Dark magic. Dad wanted her to have knowledge in all sorts of magic, not only the ones approved by the Ministry even if that meant defying Mum.

The Dark wizard, still shroud in the shadows, countered it by warping the lamppost so it took the brunt of the curse. It was reduced to ash, blinding her for a moment as the glass broke. She didn't even hear him whisper out the next curse as she felt her legs give out.

How was he able to cast Locomotor Wibbly without the use of his wand? The realization that he was exceptionally powerful hit her like a tsunami wave, leaving behind a wreckage of fear and angst. Fight or flight instincts kicked in.

For Stella? It was definitely flight. She couldn't win this and she wasn't foolish enough to try. Not in her current capacity and already weak from the time magic. Also, if he hadn't already killed her or rendered her incapacitated then there was one blaring fact about all of this: