Chapter 28: Day Three of Barely Surviving Victorian London

The witch's lips pressed together and she drank each of the small cups laced with Jobberknoll Feather powder. He Apparated them without warning to the Ministry's holding cells where Lucan was waiting along with some nameless wanker.

"You." Lucan's eyes brightened with realization, "What? Did you try to poison me because you were angry I-"

"You deserve to die for cheating on that woman. I hear and see it all, standing outside the Florist's shop. Men buying women flowers and cheating behind their backs-frequenting the same store with their mistresses. And then I see the woman depressed like my sister-"

Ominis leaned back against the wall, a vision of aloofness and indifference. In reality, he was seconds away from suffocating her with every vile curse he was taught how to use as a child. For the first time in a long time, he felt that anger threatening to consume him like it did before Eden saved him from himself.

"Let's make one thing clear." Ominis interrupted her spiel, ignoring the crackle of dark magic between his fingertips as he crossed his arms. "They're not together. It was a trap to see if the stupid spider felt it in her web. And what do you know? It worked. Now take your sentencing with an ounce of grace. Because the moment you step foot outside of Azkaban, I'll have the Dementors looking like the nice guys." Irritated beyond belief, he shifted his gaze to Lucan who was watching wide eyed, "See to it that she has an expedited transfer. I want her groveling and covered in filth by three."

He left then, needing to find an outlet for his anger. Maybe a walk to clear his head. There was a patisserie nearby that a certain witch might enjoy. If he just happened to walk past it, then it would only make sense to stop.

Maybe something sweet would cheer her up tonight.

Not that he cared.

Chapter 28: Day Three of Barely Surviving Victorian London

This.

This is how she should have woken up the other day and not in some jail cell that was disgustingly damp and smelled rank. The bed sheets were soft against her skin and the downy white quilt was charmed to stay warm.

Afternoon sunlight filtered in through the curtains, blinding her momentarily until they were closed by an elfish figure. She felt a very light weight on her chest and then a brush against her cheek. She almost had a heart attack, seeing a highly venomous snake in her face until she realized who it was.

"Eden?" She croaked. Her voice hoarse and raspy.

A figure peaked over her bedside, holding a straw. "Drink this, Miss. Master brewed it himself. It helped fight off the poison the first time."

The first time? Did she have something similar to aftershocks? Re-flash?

'The dosage was low enough not to be lethal, but it still caused your body to convulse seeing as your... immune system is comprised.'

Right. Because she wasn't very strong. She hadn't even had the forethought to think that maybe that petal was intentionally placed there-that it hadn't happened to be a random piece of evidence left behind in the Widow's haste.

The potion tasted like honey and water, soothing her throat and invigorating her. The world around her was more clear and she could at the very least sit up.