Chapter 23: Hello Eden

"Noticed that, did you?"

"I have a keen eye."

The smirk grew at that, "And what if you could understand her. How much is that worth to you?"

Stella frowned at that, noticing they'd approached Hyde Park now. There weren't many people out and about now. Even unaware that Jack the Ripper had made a delightful reappearance, these places weren't safe after dark. The night chill was a looming threat, but somehow Ominis' expression was colder.

"What are you on about?" She crossed her arms for some semblance of a barrier from his knowing glance, "You know I don't have a sickle to my name in this time."

His eyebrows shot up, "Princess, I'm filthy rich. What use would I have for more money? No, I'm interested in something more priceless."

Stella looked at him confused and wary. "I'm not very good at riddles, you'll have to be straightforward."

"Not very good or you don't try because you're afraid of failure?" Whatever he saw on her face confirmed something about her to him and that sent a chill down her spine. How was he able to read people so easily? It was unsettling and uncomfortable. "Let's make a deal."

"Oh?"

He nodded once, "I'll hold a ceremony that'll allow you to speak and understand Eden."

"And in return..?"

A wicked smile flashed across his face. "You tell me about the painful condition you're hiding."

Chapter 23: Hello Eden

They'd entered the apartment in mutual silence, but Eden was fussing. That's what she felt it was as the snake hadn't stop hissing at him, but had refused Stella when she offered her shoulders as solace.

At this point, it appeared that cracks were appearing even in Ominis' perfect mask as he purposefully ignored her. It wasn't until she quite literally head butted him in the face that he acknowledged her. In doing so, sibilant whispers of air escaped his mouth, until Eden silenced him with another head butt.

Stella blinked, "What did you do to her?"

"What did I do?" He almost sounded indignant, pointing at her beside his face. A gasp escaped her when said snake proceeded to bite his finger, but Ominis didn't even flinch. "That hurts you fat caterpillar." To Stella, once her fangs retracted, he added, "It was a dry bite."

Dry bite? The two beads of blood on his index finger begged to differ.

"Why is she upset?"

A grimace wove itself onto his lips as he settled himself on the loveseat and she took the armchair across from him. "Tobbs." The house elf appeared with a bow. "Tea."

She sent him a bothered look, "Please."

"Tobbs will be back shortly." The house elf exclaimed happily before disappearing.

Ominis walked towards his office study, accio-ing a couple bandages to wrap his finger. Why didn't he use a potion? Or a healing charm? Those were artificial wounds. "Eden is a bit pissed at me."

"For lack of better words." Stella leaned back against the door as it closed, "Why?"

Another one of his wicked, secretive smiles tugged at his lips. Sadism and wrath flooded the air around him, making his lack of compassion for the world almost visible. It crackled around him as he spoke slow and deliberately, "Eden is under the impression that I'm taking advantage of you. What she doesn't understand is for the spell to work, you need my blood too and that comes with a price."