Chapter 24: Time to Bond

"Scorpius?"

"That's my brother's name."

He raised an eyebrow, "The Malfoy's kept their little name game into the 21st century? Morons."

Stella took offense to that, but admitting so would only please the sociopath standing in front of her.

Ominis continued, "You didn't prepare well at all, did you? No money, no plan, no-"

'Leave the poor girl alone.' Eden whipped her head towards him, 'You've been unreasonable all day.'

It took her a moment to realize that the silky voice came from the Black Mamba as Ominis' face turned reproachful.

"I heard you." Stella said startled before looking at Ominis accusingly, "That spell worked immediately, didn't it? She just hadn't said anything yet."

Again, he said nothing, but sent her a wolfish grin. He was fine with being guilty.

Eden turned her head back towards her, flickering her tongue out. 'Hello, Stella.'

She beamed, walking closer. "Hello, Eden."

Chapter 24: Time to Bond

"Quick, now tell me every embarrassing story about him so that I know he's human and not some insufferable, arrogant-"

'Oh, he's all those things and still very much human.' Eden mused, watching as Ominis discarded the contents of the spell thoroughly, and ensured there wasn't even a speck of blood left on either object.

He must be paranoid, but it made sense. If anyone were able to get their hands on any of their blood, evil and malicious things could be done.

"As interesting as this conversation is," His tone was flat and clearly bored, "I have work to do and correspondence to write. Tobbs, bring the mail." He rolled his eyes without needing to look at her, "Please."

Eden's laugh sliced through the thickening tension and Stella was happy to have her company as they left the cold chill of the office.

"Is he always like that?" She murmured once out of earshot.

They had approached the living room when she finally responded, 'People are shaped by their environment and the choices they make. He might be difficult to get along with, but please continue to be in his life. However long that may be.'

Stella smiled at that, "You sound like a Mum, encouraging someone to play with her son."

'He is my human.'

It was cute, the mothering aspect to Eden she hadn't realized existed. She finished her tea, placing it in the sink as Tobbs reappeared.

"Tobbs would like to know if the Miss would like to plan dinner again or if Tobbs should go to the Market on his own." He looked up at her with visible excitement at the prospects of traveling together.

However, she was fatigued from walking around all day. "I'm a bit tired, but I'd be more than happy to cook with you tonight. Any preferences on what we should make?"

"The Master said to Tobbs after having delivered the mail that all meals are to be nutritionally balanced from now on." As soon as the words perforated the air, Eden started laughing again. "Tobbs is thinking of a salad, but Master doesn't fancy salads."