Chapter 27

Thanks to @Fire_Heart_ for the banner on the side! Just to say though, Thaddeus isn't played by Ian. Guys, just imagine who plays Thaddeus :) I don't have anyone in mind.

"Stop crying!" Thaddeus practically growled at Rose. It took a while but she calmed down.

"I did it for fam-".

"I don't care why you did it," my mate replied in a deadly tone. "Who else was involved?"

She was shaking when he asked this question. She shook her head. "I can't tell."

I speak up just as Thaddeus takes an extra step closer. "Rose we need to know who else was involved. It isn't fair you get caught but the other or others don't."

She stays quiet but when my mate begins to walk closer to her, she starts blabbering. "Ari and John."

"Why am I not surprised?" Thaddeus says out loud. Not really to anyone, more so himself.

"Wait how?" I ask confused.

Thaddeus throws me a flat look mixed with annoyance. But Rose answers me.

"John went along with Brayton because he doesn't think Alpha Thaddeus is a proper Alpha. Brayton promised John that he was going to kill the alpha and Luna and make John Alpha. In return, Brayton had people that was in on the Alpha's plans. Ari, was promised something if she got you to Brayton. Or Braytons rogues. And the same thing like John, Ari was someone that had the opportunity to work from the inside."

"And you did it because he had your parents and in return, Brayton had someone that was close to me and could tell him things," I concluded.

I honestly felt bad for her. I mean I've known her for a while and she is Masons mate. Even though she did it for her parents, I feel like she is still at fault here. "Rose you tried to shoot me. My mate ended up taking the bullets for me. Even if you still did all this for your parents..."

"..you're still a traitor," Thaddeus finished off. "I don't need traitors in my pack."

"I'm sorry," she responded quietly. I looked away just as noise erupted from the entrance. Many footsteps were rushing towards us but I didn't see anyone yet. Thaddeus stepped out of the cell, closing it behind him.

Just then, in came barging... Mason. Thaddeus growled and watched as Mason ran over to.. Me? His eyes were trained on me. Before he could reach me though, Thaddeus had wrapped his hand around Masons throat. Masons hands reached for me but he was trying to convey a message. Thaddeus pushed him against a cell door. My eyes widened as Thaddeus managed to lift Mason off the ground.

Mason was turning red now. I didn't snap out of it until Rose started screaming. "Thaddeus," I put my hand on his shoulder. "Thaddeus stop!"

He didn't oblige immediately but when I began pounding his back, he let go dropping Mason on his feet.

"Anna please don't do this," he pleaded. "I need her."

Before I answered Thaddeus slammed his fist into Masons face. "Thaddeus!"

"You talk to me," he growled. I grabbed his fist and stepped in between them both. Pushing on his chest, I tried to put as much distance as I can.

The guards had already been here but they stopped mere feet away. I think they were on silent duty.

"Don't hurt her, please," Mason begged. That only seemed to anger Thaddeus.

He pulled himself from me before opening Roses cell door. He turned to Mason, who rushed inside to his mate. Thaddeus locked the door as guards walked away.