Chapter 29

When I walk into the house, I let out a scream. I hear things drop and I rush to the source to find Mary picking pans and broken glass. I immediately feel bad.

I bend down and help but when she sees me she only shakes her head. "Its alright dear, I can manage."

I ignore her and continue on. "Are you alright dear? You gave me a scare."

"I'm sorry about that. Just things in mind," I grumble.

"Do you want to talk about it?"

Shaking my head, I throw the broken pieces away and lie on the couch. Mary goes back to whatever she was doing.

Glancing at the time, I notice that I missed lunch which is probably what Mary is making right now. I probably still have time to take a nap, I guess. I mean I'm not really hungry and it's only two ten in the afternoon. I go up the stairs and I'm about to walk into Thaddeus's room when I remember the fall out we just had. Not wanting to remember last night even though it's impossible, I head to my room and get into bed.

It takes a while for me to fall a sleep but when I do, its wierd. For a moment, I shut my eyes but all I think about is Thaddeus. I realize then that the bond is stronger than ever now that we've mated and all I want at the moment is to see him and be with him.

Go to him, My Wolf tells me.

No, I'm done with chasing him. If he wants to fix this, he can come to me himself, I reply.

But, he's hurting!

And what do you think we feel right now?!

She gets quiet but then she begins to whimper at the back of my mind. I try to block her out but its nearly impossible to do so. Her whimpering and the pain of arguing with Thaddeus, all feels like bricks hitting my heart on repeat. Can we go out for a run then? she asks.

I sigh but agree with her needing something to get my mind off of the current situation. Walking out of the house, I glance cautiously so I don't run into Thaddeus. Sensing that the coast is clear, I begin to walk into the woods. I find a good spot to remove my clothes and do so quickly shifting.

I stretch my limbs out and slowly pad around in a circle. I then begin to increase in speed and run throughout the woods. As I breeze through, I take pleasure in the wind brushing through the tips of my fur. My enhanced senses make me pay attention to everything around me rather than the situation at hand. I love it.

I drown myself in the beauty of nature for a long time. I don't know what how long I've been running for as I pause at a familiar looking scene. I paddle closer to the clear blue lake and sit there staring at my reflection. I swipe my paw out and across the water watching as the water ripples in front of me. Slowly and surely enough the water stills again giving me a chance to observe my reflection. Though I just do the same thing over and over again. After what feels like an hour but really could have just been no more than twenty minutes, I lower my head and drink from the pond.

After a few minutes, I feel a nearby presence but I growl in annoyance when I notice who it is. He steps closer to me but I don't do anything but stare straight at our reflection. I accidentally meet his gaze through the mirror like reflection and turn my head away from him. My Wolf whines as I walk farther away from him but I shut her out.

"Stop," his voice is loud and firm. I turn my head and glance at him before snorting and walking away. "Please, I'm sorry."

Now this is different. I pause and slowly turn around facing him now. He takes a deep breath now that my full attention is on him. He looks really nervous which is also different but it somehow satisfies me. "I need you to shift to talk to you."