Chapter 14

Mason

"I can't believe you guys left her!" I exclaimed.

"We thought she came back," spoke up Keith who had a very scared expression on his face along with the rest of the group.

"We need to go back for her," I stated gently removing Rose from my lap.

"It's twelve in the morning," says Rose. "What about the Alpha?"

I thought hard about telling him. The alpha and I were obviously not on good terms since day one. He did have a right to know about his own mate, even if he was a jerk.

I watched the fear cross the guys faces as they thought of what the alpha would do.

"Hey," I turned my head to see the person who was speaking, "for all we know she could be in her bed at the alphas house."

Ari. I was feeling quite annoyed with this girl. First, she wants to go to the club with Anna. Then she gets drunk with her. Lastly, she leaves her behind. All in all, I was furious with her.

"I think-"

Rogue alert! Rogue alert! Everyone remain indoors as the guards scour the area.

My head whipped over to Rose. She had the same expression on her face as I did. Horror.

If Anna was still somewhere outside, maybe even in the city… I don't even want to finish that sentence.

"I don't care if we have to stay inside," I stated, fear growing inside of me at what Alpha Thaddeus might do to me if he found out I disobeyed,"I'm going to go find her."

Rose grabbed onto my hands. "There is a rogue alert at the moment Mason. Anna could be on her way here or one of the guards could find her."

"Don't worry," she continued cupping my face in her hands and gently pressing her lips to mine.

Oh God, I love this girl.

"What if they don't find her?" I ask her.

"They will." The determined look in her eyes made me believe that they could find her. That they will find her.
-

Boy was I wrong.

The next morning Alpha Thaddeus requested everyone to attend a pack meeting. That was how I knew they hadn't found her.

The people in the pack house -especially the ones that went to the club, had nervous looks on their faces. We all knew this wasn't going to be good. Rose squeezed my hand, telling me how she felt through that one squeeze. I returned the same thing wanting her to know I was very scared too.

As we entered the meeting hall or whatever it was, I noticed how the Alpha and the Beta both looked equally troubled. Even though Alpha Thaddeus was better at hiding it, you could still see the anger in his eyes.

When the last of us arrived, he began to speak.

"Last night," he begins looking at everyone, "we had a few rogues in the city most of you went into. We got there late and because of that, they got away. Now it isn't very clear what they came here for, but one thing for certain is they took my mate. The Luna of this pack."

There was a chorus of gasps and angry shouts. I murmured a few cuss words. I fucking knew it.

I glanced at the guys and girls who were with her last. If I thought they looked afraid before, it was nothing compared to how they looked know. Even Ari looked like she was going to piss her pants. I liked that.