Chapter 12

"Next week I plan on having the pack go into the nearby city if all seems safe," Alpha Thaddeus began, looking at everyone in the eye. I glance around and see men, about seven of them, nodding their heads. "We need to make sure he is away from this area."

I look at my mate in confusion; he notices this but doesn't glance my way.

"Robert, any leads your group has found yet?"

I follow his gaze and watch as 'Robert' straightens up in his seat. He coughs nervously before meeting my gaze and going back to the Alpha. What is going on?

"We haven't tracked him down yet Sir, where ever he is hiding, we're very certain he doesn't want to be found."

Alpha Thaddeus slowly nods before glancing at another man, who might be in his early thirties. There is no way of knowing so as werewolves tend to age slower than humans by the time we hit age twenty-five.

"And what about your group, John?" This time 'John' didn't display any look of nervousness or fear on his face. He calmly responded.

"No leads at the moment but I must agree with Robert, wherever he is hiding he doesn't want to be found."

Again, Alpha Thaddeus nodded slowly taking these all in. I absolutely don't know what was going on at the moment but I wouldn't want to miss out on whatever they were talking about.

My mates sonorous voice brought me back to the meeting, again.

"We need to keep looking for him. Robert, your group look in this area," he said pointing at a location on the map in front of us. I knew the outline of it; it was the entire pack grounds. I looked on amazed because I hadn't known the pack was this big. I found where we were at the moment and from here it seemed about twenty miles from the city.

"John, your group look near the city, he could be blending in with the humans for now."

Kind of feeling fed up with not knowing anything besides a male in this, I awkwardly coughed. Big mistake. Because everyone had their eyes on me in milliseconds. Not about to chicken out, I asked my question.

"Who are you looking for?"

An awkward silence descended on us all after my words were out. I was currently scratching my knuckles nervously, before meeting my mates gaze. His answer didn't help make me any less nervous.

"Someone who should have been dead a few days ago."

Figuring that's the only response I'll get, I kept my mouth shut. I wasn't satisfied with that answer, because there was no name.

"According to the information from last week, the rogue attack happened around the time of seven in the morning. We won't get any leads unless we check up with some of the human witnesses," spoke up another man. I was starting to feel like women weren't usually allowed into these types of meetings. But for me to be here, I felt incredibly special.

"No, she doesn't know anything," my mate suddenly spoke up glaring at John. John sent Alpha Thaddeus a look which I couldn't understand. But that didn't surprise me. It was the courage John had to stand up to his own Alpha. It was as if Alpha Thaddeus wasn't even considered an Alpha to John.

I glanced in between them noticing how I was the only one blocked from this conversation. I could have tried forcing myself into the mind link but it'd be impossible to do so, especially if it involves the Alpha. The Alphas - being much stronger and smarter than the rest of the pack- are the toughest werewolves in the world. It'd take more than 10 normal werewolves to take one down.

I continued glancing between the two but accidentally let out a sigh which got everyone's attention. I sunk lower in my seat but I could still feel everyone's piercing gaze on me.