Part 5

Authors note: I finally found the handsome piece of candy that could play Jace. As always, if you disagree, feel free to pick someone for yourself ;-) I would love to get votes and comments! <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Layla pov:

I slowly woke up, opening one eye and noticing there was someone staring at me. Quickly I opened both of my eyes and I couldn’t help but feels slightly relieved seeing it was just Dante.

Just Dante…

He sat a bit tensed on the chair next to my bed and when he noticed I woke up, his features softened and he smiled at me.

It was then that both of us took notice that I wore nothing more than my underwear.

He had a playful grin on his face but my cheeks burned a dark shade of red and I hid myself a little more under the blanket.

‘Your men gave me the wrong suitcase’ I mumbled, avoiding his gaze. ‘We can shop for some new stuff if you want to?’ he said with a questioning voice.

I shook my head, realizing my book was in that suitcase as well. I had to get it back at all costs. ‘I really need it back. Can you send some men of yours to chase after Troy and replace our suitcases?’I asked in a pleading, almost desperate tone.

He cocked an eyebrow ‘What is in there that is so important’. I kept silent, not ready to share my secrets with him yet. If I told him about the book, I had to tell them about my parents as well and I just wasn’t ready for that yet.

‘He has been sent of at least 25 miles away and he looked pretty scared so I’m not sure if he is in the same state anymore’. At that I swallowed loudly, tears already forming in my eyes.

He came closer to me and placed his hand on my cheek, softly rubbing his thumb in calming circles. Somehow his attempt to comfort me made me feeling a little better and that made me cry even more.

This was all so wrong.

I didn’t want to be here, in the end I would only hurt him and probably myself as well.

Slowly I pushed him away and with the blanket still covering myself, I sat up. A frown was placed on his face and it made him seem so much older.

‘How old are you?’I bluntly asked and soon the frown was replaced by confusion. ‘21’ he answered, slightly unsure of my sudden mood swing. ‘You shouldn’t frown so much, it makes you look older’ I commented and chuckled when I saw the confusion clearly written all over his face.

‘I will remember that’ he said while offering me a small smile. This time, I smiled back and he truly looked content with that.

‘So, how old are you then?’ he asked curious. He didn’t know much about me and he was eager to find out more. ‘I turned nineteen not so long ago’ I answered indifferent. He nodded and it looked like he was thinking about something.

‘Your face is really pretty you know, and so is your hair. You shouldn’t always be hiding in that hoodie of yours’. He offered me a smile but this time I didn’t smile back.

I liked the comfort and the safe feeling my hoodies gave me and I wasn’t willing to give that up.

He stood up, after an awkward silence. ‘You know what, I let someone deliver some clothes for you and in the meanwhile you can take a shower. I will make sure to send some men after your suitcase’. I nodded and waited for him to leave the room so I could safely walk in my underwear to the bathroom.