Part 23

Authors note: This is were it all gets juicy ghegheghe ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Layla pov:

Dante didn’t come home that night. I waited up for him but he never came. I was getting more tired every minute but I needed to know where he was, that he was okay, so I decided to look for him.

I checked every room in the house, even the guestrooms but I eventually found him sleeping on the couch in his office. My heart melted at the sweet sight. He looked so vulnerable. He had given all of him today and probably just fell asleep. I walked to the living room to grab a blanket and put it over him. After I tucked him in I placed a soft kiss on his lips and softly shut the door behind me.

I went back to bed and quickly drifted off to sleep…

The next morning I woke up early. I dressed up quickly in a loose dark blue knitted sweater with a black skinny jeans and black leather flats. I did my hear in a French braid and put on some light make-up. After I was finished I walked to the kitchen to fix Dante and I some breakfast. I made sandwiches and some fresh orange juice. As I walked to his office with a tray I noticed his scent became weaker and when I opened the door he indeed wasn’t there anymore. He didn’t even bother to leave a note.

He was probably still stressed up about the attack yesterday and was helping and guiding where he could. Being the Alpha brought a lot of duties and responsibilities with you. Tonight it was Christmas Eve, surely he would be home tonight so we could cuddle up under a blanket while drinking hot chocolate and unwrapping each other’s gifts. I wrapped in the pregnancy test and put a nice ribbon around it. I couldn’t wait to tell him!

After I ate breakfast by myself I walked towards the primary school for my reading hour with the smaller children. They looked forward to my visit and they were always so happy that it was a daily pleasure to read them a story.

‘Hey kiddies, did you missed me?’ I smiled as I walked into the class room. ‘Luna!’ they all cheered happily. ‘I have a new story book with me’. They all started cheering more and I grinned wildly at them, they were absolutely adorable.

‘So what about I tell you about the story of Snow white?’ I asked while I packed the fairytale book and opened it to the right page. As I read, all the kids listened intently.

‘Do you want another story?’ I asked after I was finished. ‘Yeah!’ everyone started yelling, causing me to laugh. ‘Do you know the story about Sleeping beauty?’ I asked and most of them nodded no so I started reading it. After I was finished I left so that they could continue their lessons.

I asked Nydia to get me some sweets for tonight and she told me she was on it. I had a few more hours to kill so I started making a comprehensively dinner with a rib eye and vegetables. After I was done I redecorated the house a little bit.

When it was time for dinner and Dante still wasn’t there I started to worry.

‘Dante where are you? Dinner’s ready?’

‘I’m busy, eat without me’

‘But it’s Christmas Eve, I’ve put a lot of effort and time in it and I haven’t seen you all day’

'Baby I’m really busy, I’m sorry, alright? I need to make our security stricter. What happened yesterday shouldn’t have happened. It could give off a sign to other rogues, hell even other pack, that we’re becoming weak and I can’t let that happen!’

 ‘But can’t you do that after Christmas is over?’ I pleaded.

‘No, I can’t. I’m sorry but your safety, everyone’s safety goes before your happiness right now. I can’t have another attack as Christmas present happening’