Part 8

Authors note: I'm sorry for the short chapter, I promise I'll make it up to you! ;-) Please vote/comment :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dante pov:

‘Alpha!’ someone yelled, pure panic  in his voice.

‘What?’ I shouted back grumpily.

‘I heard a sound but I couldn’t find anyone and when I went to check up on the Luna I noticed she was gone’.

‘What?! Get everyone together, NOW!’I shouted, using my Alpha voice.

I was fully awake now.

She was gone…

She told me she wanted to leave but I thought things were getting better between us, she wasn’t pushing me away anymore..

Clearly I was wrong...

I hurried myself to her room and indeed saw she wasn’t there anymore. My wolf was in pure panic and so was I.

I couldn’t think straight anymore, my head had became a chaos of worry.

Maybe she hadn’t run away. Maybe she was taking or something. Although it didn’t change the situation I still hoped she didn’t run away on her own initiative…

I spotted a note on her bed and cursed.

She did ran away from me..

I’m sorry, I just can’t do this anymore

-Layla

I read it and then again and again. The words were dancing in front of my eyes and I felt dizzy. I was worry sick.

What if something happens to her? She-wolves were less stronger than males. If a rogue attacks here and something would happen to her..

Alex crashed into the room and it looked like he was in the same statue as I was. She was his Luna after all.

‘All the men are waiting outside for instructions’ he said and he looked with a worried expression at me. ‘Are you okay?’

‘No! Of course I’m not okay!’ I snapped at him. ‘My mate fucking run away from me and could be in danger now. How do you think I feel?’ I gripped his throat but before I could strangle him someone pulled me away from him.

‘That’s enough!’ father shouted. ‘Instead of killing your Beta you should be looking for your mate’.

I nodded in defeat and walked outside to give the men instructions to look everywhere.

I wouldn’t rest before I could held her safely in my arms, where she belongs.

Layla pov:

The sun started to make its way up and to be honest; it surprised me that no one has found me yet.

Maybe they aren’t looking for me in the first place, maybe they’re happy that they got rid of me…

I shook my head, trying to get those gloomy thoughts out of my head and continued walking. I wasn’t that far from the airport anymore.

Currently I was walking through a little village. There was no living sole outside at this nightly hour of the day. The only light came from a few lanterns.

When I walked surpass a show window I saw my reflection and I had to admit I looked like shit. My skin was muddy and so were my clothes. My hair was tangled and black bags were under my tired eyes. Not that that mattered right now. The only thing of importance was getting at the airport in time.

My wolf was still fighting me to go back but I just couldn’t. Dante was my mate and I couldn’t help but love him although I know him barely. But because I care so much getting away was the best thing I could do. He deserves someone so much better than me and now I am giving him the opportunity to meet that someone and start a life with her.

A flash of pain shoot trough my stomach at the idea of Dante with someone else but I just ignored and continued walking.

The village seemed to end and the woods started again. I didn’t feel safe in the woods, there could be rogues. But it wasn’t like I had a choice here.

I got deeper and deeper in the woods and I started to get more uncomfortable by the minute.

Suddenly I heard growls and I stiffened.

Two wolves were making their way towards me.

Maybe I was in pack territory? No that couldn’t be, I checked my route before I ran away. I didn’t want to run from one alpha to another. I was trying to avoid the packs.

If I was in no one’s land then this weren’t pack wolves. A feeling of uneasiness came up and my wolf started to panic.

Rogues.