Part 16

Authors note: So I just got back from two weeks Tunisia and I will leave to Ibiza in a couple of hours. I have a lot of ideas in my head but I don't have enough time to write it all so once I get back (two weeks) I promise to write something that was worth your waiting.

Comments and votes make me veryyyy happy ;-)

Happy holidays!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Layla pov:

I can't believe so much could go wrong in such little time. It was only a few hours after Alpha Aaron with his entourage had arrived and yet things got so drastically out of hand that I was ready to leave Dante.

What happened before:

'Dante, they're almost there, I just got a text message form Christian saying they'll be here in a couple of minutes. Is everything ready?'

'Of course he has your number' he mumbled grumpily, 'and to answer your question; yes, everything is ready'.

'Excellent' I beamed. I had been looking forward to this day since the moment Alpha Aaron announced he found it necessary to pay us a visit. He said he had some important pack business to discuss and that it was so important it couldn't be done over the phone. Although Dante hated the i8nterest Christina, Alpha Aaron's Beta, showed in me, he had to handle in the best interest of the pack and in this case that meant he had to take his possessiveness under control.

We heard the rumbling sound of the engine of the black SUV´s that arrived and Dante and I waited along with Alex, Oliver and a few other pack members I can´t remember the name of- outside. When Alpha Aaron stepped out Dante unconsciously stood straighter and more intimidating.

Personally I thought it was all a b it unnecessary seeing he had no reason to intimidate him but I couldn´t help but found it slightly cute. I snuggled closer to him and Dante tightened his grip on me. The rest of the pack members stepped out of the car and I saw Christian walking towards us with a huge grin plastered on his face. When I tried to walk towards him Dante just tightened his grip on me more, almost to a painful level.

'Be nice' I grumbled

'Be faithful' he shot back

I can't believe he just said that! Like I would ever betray him, my mate, my life companion for ever. The thought of his distrust in me hurt more than I thought it would. I thought we had a healthy, trustful relationship but if he started giving shitty comments like that I'd better give him a run for his money..!

'Christian!' I shot him my million dollar smile and he looked taken aback by my enthusiastic reaction towards him with Dante nearby. Apparently so did the rest of both packs but I chose to ignore them. 'How have you been?' I asked while getting out of Dante's embrace so I could give him a hug.

'Ehm, I've been doing fine I guess' he chuckled with relieve once he saw Dante wouldn't attack him.

'Nice to meet you as well', I said while offering my hand to Alpha Aaron. 'The pleasure is all mine' he smiled polity while shaking my hand shortly.

'Shall I show you around while Dante and Aaron discuss their business?' I asked Christian while leading him towards the living room while the rest followed... He looked questionably to Alpha Aaron, 'I won't need you for the next couple of hours but be available in case an emergency happens'. He nodded and then followed me to the living room where I offered him a drink while Dante and Aaron went to Dante's office. Dante shot me one last look but I just cocked an eyebrow at him and went to the kitchen for our drinks.

Christian and I talked for hours and we just had a really good time. We played twenty questions and I came to know that his middle name was even more embarrassing then mine. I thought Vevina was horrible but Norbert was even worse. I was just having a laugh attack when a strange noise got my attention.

'I have to go meet my Alpha' Christian notified me as he stood up. I just nodded my attention with the uncommon sound and the knots I started to feel in my stomach. I walked towards the sound that looked like it was coming from Dante's office. As I walked to the office I saw Alpha Aaron talking to his Beta but I paid no attention to them. Al my attention was to the weird sound and... Moans?

I sped up my walking and quietly opened the door. Dante against the wall with Lindsay all over him was not a sight I expected to see.

My heart broke in a million pieces and I didn't know what to do with the situation so I did what seemed like the safest option: I ran to Christian and cried my heart out. I couldn't believe Dante would betray me, I couldn't believe he would betray me for that bitch! Or maybe I could. They used to be lovers after all and old habits die hard. And there was no way to deny her beauty. Beauty I was nothing compared to.

Aaron quickly walked away, as if he didn't want to be found guilty to my emotional state but Christian state and mumbled soft words of comfort as he held me close. I cried my whole shirt so wet my bra was showing trough and he offered me his shirt so I would save myself the embarrassment of walking into other pack members while getting myself a new shirt. I thanked him silently and he embraced me in a warm hug.

In that moment he was snatched away from me and tossed to the other side of the room. Dante started attacking him and I tried to stop him but it was a loss of effort. Lindsay watched the whole scene with a smug look on her face.

I chose to ignore her, trying to get the imagines of her attacking Dante's out of my head. It was just too painful.

'Dante stop it, dammit!' I yelled. He stopped and let Christians unconscious body fell on the ground. / Blood was everywhere and I started feeling slightly sick. 'You!' he growled as he took big steps towards me, 'betrayed me!'

'I did not!' I shouted. 'Why were you hugging him while you were wearing his shirts while he was shirtless?!'

Before I could answer he took my arm in a painful grip that would surely leave a bruise. 'You whore!' he spat to me in pure disgust.

I closed my eyes to prevent the tears of streaming down my face. It was all too much; Lindsay, Dante's behaviour lately, his betrayal and his false accusations. But his words hurt me the most. It was the same Troy used to call me every time he raped me. Not only brought Dante’s words painful memories back I would rather chose to forget but also the fact that the only I loved thought so poorly of me was.. was... I couldn't even find words to describe my current feelings...

'I was wearing his shirt because mine got wet from my tears and became see trough. He hugged me in an attempt to make me feel better, like a friend should. He tried to make me feel better after I saw your little make out session' I spat.

Dante's facial expression changed from angry to ashamed. 'I loved you, I trusted you, I let you in in my life and told you my deepest secrets, my greatest fears and my biggest wishes. I thought what we had was special, for life but clearly I was wrong.' My voice sounded sad and broken, even to me.

'Farewell Dante' I whispered as I cares his cheek with my hand for the last time. Before anyone could notice what was happening I already sprinted out of the door and took off in one of the cars.

Another life was waiting for me, another life far, far away from heartbreaks, tears, betrayal and distrust.

I always thought Dante was too good for me, maybe I was wrong, maybe I am too good for him. After all, I would never betray him, I would cherish him with all my heart for the rest of my life wi9th all the love I had in me. We could have led the pack together, had our own little family. But he chose to throw it all away...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note: please don't stop reading because you hate Dante. This is the part things started getting interesting and spicy! ;D