Part 12

Layla pov:

The relief I felt after clean returning home couldn’t possibly be expressed in words. My soreness was diminished and if I played my cards well, I bet Dante wouldn’t even notice.

As soon as we reached the house I practically ran upstairs to get myself all dressed up and pretty for tonight. My bags were brought in while I was showering. After I washed my hair with my favorite lavender  shampoo I put the towel on my body and started on my make-up.

Although I really wasn’t the dress-up kind of girl, I had to look absolutely fabulous tonight!
My sexiest, curve hugging lingerie was put on, knowing Dante would suffer as he wasn’t allowed to touch any of it, as he was sleeping in the guestroom. The thought of a pouting Dante made a smile appear across my face.

I carefully slid in my new dress. It was white with subtle placed silver and blue diamond’s on it. It matched my necklace perfectly and for the occasion, I even made the unbearable effort of high heels.

There was a knock on the door and Dante walked in. I looked at him expectably and raised an eyebrow while crossing my arms. I knew I failed big time with my childish attempt to try to look more intimidating

Like I could ever beat him at that point.

‘We are expected in an hour, my parents can’t wait to meet you and so can’t the rest of the pack’.

‘Don’t forget you’re sleeping in the guestroom tonight. I will act all cozy with you tonight but don’t expect anything from me after we are out of sight. I’m still mad at you’

He sighed, a little irritated. ‘You can’t expect me to sleep in the guestroom, can you?’ he asked with clear disbelief.

I shrugged ‘Why not? It wasn’t a big deal before so I don’t see the big deal in it now’.

‘You’re unbelievable’ he muttered.

‘Fine, I’ll take the guestroom’ I snapped, annoyed with his behavior towards me during the day. First he had left me in the morning after we complete the mating bond, secondly he gave me bodyguards and thirdly he expected me to be totally cool with his jerk-like behavior.

‘No, I’ll take it’ he quickly said and I cocked an eyebrow at him, curious where his sudden mood swing came from.

 ‘Just, tonight’s special, okay? You will be the centre of attention as their new Luna and I’m sure everyone will love you straightaway’.

I nodded and took one of my books of the stack and started reading it. More like pretending to read it, not that he would know. I was just waiting for him to leave.

He didn’t though.

‘Would you like to eat something before being thrown at the lions?’ he tried to enlighten the mood with a little joke, but stubborn as I am, I wasn’t falling for that one.

‘Just leave’ I said, not trying to hide the annoyance in my voice.

‘Come on babe, I’m sorry’ he looked desperate and my heart arched a little at that.

‘You have to understand that I’m a person with feelings okay? I don’t like you leaving after our first night together, I dislike how you always ignore my requests and I sure as hell hate how possessive you are sometimes’. Now it was off my chest, it felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders.

I looked at him expectantly, he was quiet for a while, probably over thinking my words. ‘I really hated the fact I had to leave you this morning but my presence was requested as three rogues crossed our territory’.