Part 24

Authors note: I'm already working on the next chapter. Please, give Dante some credit as wlel. He doens't need to be the bad guy constantly, he's trying, on his own way I guess ;-P

Love ya'll! :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Layla pov:

‘What an asshole’ Katy not so subtly comments after I’ve told her everything about Dante’s and I’s relationship lately.

‘I should’ve killed him already’ I hear Jace growl behind the door. ‘Hey’ both Katy and I cry out, ‘you weren’t supposed to listen in to our conversation’.

‘You, lying, sneaky…’ Katy started off but I quickly try to calm her down and so does Jace. ‘Come on, I didn’t meant anything by it baby’ he soothes her while he comfortably rubs her back. She closes her eyes, trying to suppress her anger but her hard breathing shows she has a hard time. She isn’t always as easy triggered as this but sometimes the bipolarity takes over so badly, fighting makes it really hard.

‘I’ll get you a glass of water, alright?’ I offer her and she slowly nods, calming herself and cuddling up more into Jace’s chest. He coped better than I thought he would. Bipolarity has a really strong effect on a relationship but somehow he found a way to manage. And he always looks at her with so much love and adoration in his eyes, I honestly doubt if he minded at all. I wish Dante would look at me like that, look at me at all. But he doesn’t, because work goes over love life.

I sigh, trying to change the direction my thoughts are clearly heading to. This is only my first day and I already miss him. Which is strange because I don’t see him any less than I did before. Perhaps the broken look in his eyes when I left have something to do with it. Yeah that’s probably it. Every time I think about that moment my heart clenches painfully in my chest. I may not seem him any less than I did before but there is a greater distance between us now. Maybe that’s what’s triggering the mate bond.

I haven’t even told Katy I was pregnant yet, maybe that would get her out her angry mood. When I walk upstairs, a glass of water in my hand, I smile at the sight I see. Jace is holding Katy protectively against his chest, kissing the top of her head and whispering sweet words into her ears while she leans against him with her eyes close. It feels like I’m intruding a very intimate moment so II decide to walk back to the guestroom I currently stay in.

Why can’t my love life be like theirs? That’s exactly how it’s supposed to be with mates. Why does everything has to be so difficult all the time?

I miss him so much it almost hurts but I have to stand my ground this time. He needs to see a change is necessary. I can’t live on like this. I’m pregnant for god’s sake and I have more than one person to think about right now.

He should’ve been there the first moment I knew I was pregnant, he should’ve been there when it was Christmas, new years eve, the first ultrasound.

But he wasn’t…

It hurt more than I would probably ever admit. I didn’t want to sound selfish but was it really too much to ask from your mate to be there for you on the holidays? I knew I love d him, that was for sure, but I also knew I wasn’t going to take this behavior any longer. I needed to see his love for me in his eyes, hear his voice soothing away my fears. But instead he doesn’t have the time to look at me nor talk to me.

I used to be way more insecure but I notice I am not as insecure as when the first time we’ve met. I was more grown up now, knew better what I wanted and more importantly what I definitely not wanted.