Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Damien nodded at Lindsey's answer. “They're part of the football team,” he whispered. “So be careful...”

I managed to laugh and nod.

They made their way toward my desk, laughing at some unknown joke. Jace lowered his gaze so his bright eyes meet my green ones. His contacts were blue, so blue they were almost white. His dark brown hair was much darker than mine, but so much shinier. He had a faint trace of freckles scattered on his nose and under his eyes.

Is it possible for someone to be this gorgeous?

I was starting to doubt they were like me, so I cocked my head slightly and tested the air again.

Yup.

They didn't even try to mask their scent, especially Jace. He must be the alpha.

I really hope my Juicy Couture perfume is strong enough, they don't need to know I'm one of them.

“Hey, you must be the new one,” Rix said, bobbing his head in my direction.

I nodded and eyed the group behind Jace.

This time the blonde spoke up, Cameron, I think. Elbowing Jace he said, “Hey, she's kinda cute. Whadya think? Good material?”

Lindsey met my gaze and mouthed, What?

I shrugged and rolled my eyes.

Jace eyed me some more and nodded, “Yeah, she is. Maybe she should come to your party this weekend, Luke.”

The other brunette, with slightly lighter hair, nodded and snickered, “Yeah, totally.”

“Yeah, uh, I'm right here.” I stated, crossing my arms over my chest.

Rix chuckled and stepped forward, so he was in front of my desk. I met his gaze and he smirked. “Whadya think, new girl?” He taunted. “Gonna come?”

I cocked my head again and chuckled. “First of all, my name is not 'new girl'. And as for the party...Sure, why not? Will there be beer?”

Rix laughed and said, “Of course. That'll make everything easier, right Jace?”

Damien, Lindsey, and the guys all cracked up. I grinned more when the bell rang and Lindsey said, “Watch it, Ryder. I mean, Damien and I will be there too, so these guys won't be able to touch you,” She shot them a hostile look. “But they're wild when they're wasted.”

Jace shrugged and winked at me. While passing my desk he ruffled my hair and said, in his husky too-sexy-too-be-real voice, “See ya 'round, Ryder.”

I felt my face flame as I fixed my hair. Damien went to go sit at his desk just as Mr. Gray announced the start of the class.

“Please get out your copies of Macbeth! Today we will be starting on page 3, so please flip there. But! Before we start, we have a new student today,” He shot me a knowing glance. “Ryder, if you wouldn’t mind, please step up and introduce yourself.”

I slid out of my chair and made my way to the front of the class. Turning around to face the class, hoping everybody ignores me blushing, I started introducing myself, “My name is Ryder Smith, I'm from Chicago and I will hate anyone who wears a Cubs hat. Yes, even in L.A.”

Several guys in the back chuckled.

I smiled a sly smile and made my way back to my desk.

“Yes Mr. Evander?” I stopped in my tracks and looked around, and noticed Jace's hand was sticking up.