Chapter Thirteen

Listen to te music in the sidebar if you want the full effect!

------------

Chapter Thirteen

I slammed the door of the convertible, and fast-walked to the front door. I had my hand on the handle when Mason's words stopped me.

“I thought you'd changed, Ryder.”

I took a deep breath. “You have no idea...” I shoved the door open and threw my shoes off and placed my backpack on the stairs.

I turned around only to come face-to-face with my dad, kissing another women. Not just kissing, but like 'sucking-on-your-face' 'kissing'.

“Dad?” my voice cracked, making me sound weak.

They pried away from each-other, the lady smiling sheepishly, blushing madly and my dad did the same.

Mason must have saw them kissing to, because I could practically feel the anger surging through him from behind me... Wait, what?!

“Listen, Ryder, Mason—” he started, but I cut him off.

“What the hell, Dad!” I practically screamed, gesturing madly.

Tears were flowing freely down my cheeks before I could stop them.

“Ryder, let me explain—”

I shook my head at him, and have him the deadliest glare possible. “F*** explaining, Dad,” I practically spat. How dare he try to replace mom!

“Don't use that tone with me young—”

“I can use whatever tone I want with you, considering you were just making out with some whore expecting her to replace mom!” I screamed.

“Ryanne Marie Smith! Don't you—”

“Cut the shit old man. I can say whatever I wanna say. I'm not your fricken daughter anymore.”

With that, I pushed past Mason and sprinted up the stairs, grabbing my backpack on the way up.

I slammed my door, not caring how loud it was.

I threw my backpack on the floor, locking the door, too, just in case Mason or 'Dad' decided to barge in and see me gone.

I was practically gasping for breath now, mostly because every breath I took turned out to be a big sob.

I ran into the bathroom and grabbed my razor. I could practically kill my dad for this. Kissing another women... How dare he?!

Slashing the razor across my wrist I bit my lip to keep from hissing in pain.

I had done this twice before. Once because of bullying in freshmen year and then because my mom died, and of course me being raped.

But I deserved it this time. I failed to keep my mom's spirit around, to keep my dad happy without her being with him in a physical form. The blood trickled down my wrist and I let it drip to the floor, not caring.

Then, my nose caught up to me. I needed to hunt, now.

Stepping out of the bathroom, I hurriedly swung the porch doors open and jumped off, ignoring the hissing pain in my legs. I deserved every pain I felt right now. Shifting into wolf form, I ran into the woods, not caring where I was going, just following my instincts.

I came to a clearing, a unfamiliar clearing. The meadow was beautiful. I loved the feeling of the lush grass on my paws, the familiar smell of—

A sudden big force tackled me to the ground from behind, and I instinctively switched to human form, using my arms as shields to hide my face. I knew it was a wolf from the smell, but who it was—

Ryder?” asked Rix breathlessly.

I drew my hands away and nodded sheepishly, well aware of looking like crap but not caring.

Well, there goes another person knowing.

He drew back when he caught sight of my wrist, and my eyes widened. I tried to hide it but he caught it before I could.

“Oi! Jace!” he cried.

A familiar sound came from behind the trees. “Rix? Why do I smell blo—”

His eyes widened when he caught sight of me and my little situation.

“Ryder?” he asked, eyes still glued to my right wrist. I sudden wave of depression hit me, but it wasn't really coming from me...

In seconds Jace was over by me, my wrist now in his hand. I pried it away with ease. “Leave me alone,” I muttered, rather to the tree then to him.

“Wh—what happened?” he asked softly, eyes full of pity.

“I don't need your pity,” I hissed.

He wasn't phased, though. “Rix, go to the Meet. I'll be there soon.” he sighed.

Rix looked at me hesitantly, before slowly nodding and he ran off somewhere to the left.

“Well?” I snapped.

“Well what?” he asked, confused.

“Aren't you going to lecture me on how self harm isn't smart and is only for emotional weirdos who serious need to go to a mental insi—”

I was cut off by his lips crashing into mine, and I happily applied.

Kissing back, I realized the need for him was stronger than ever... I needed him, now.

I began fiddling with the hem of his shirt, wanting it off now.

Suddenly, he pulled back and caught my wrists.

Frowning, I tried to pry my hands away. My gaze was still glued to his lips... how good they felt on mine...

“Ryder, this might sound a little weird but...” he started wearily. “Your in heat right now.”

I snapped my gaze back at him. “I'm in what?”

He sighed. Obviously this was an awkward subject. “Heat. When female wolves can reproduce—”

I stopped him there. I already had that talk with my dad. “Can't they always?”

He shook his head. “When werewolves are in heat, they go after any male they can find since this is the only time they can reproduce. But this only happens after they meet their mate.”

“But I haven't found my...” my eyes widened in shock. “You're—you're my... mate?”

He nodded. “Now let's get you away from all the petty boys so you won't have an urge to pounce on them.”

My face flamed when I realized he was right. I wanted to pounce on his so badly...

I sighed. My life was getting more and more complicated by the minute!