Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

“Jace, I can't just stay home! I have to go to work!”

“Smith, you're going to pounce on every boy you see!” he argued, gesturing madly. “And I mean, they'll happily apply, seeing as how gorgeous you are!”

My face flushed at his compliment, but I quickly denied it. It was my first day working at the book store, and I needed to get soon!

“C'mon, Jace. Do you really think I'd do that?” I asked softly.

“You? No,” he countered. “But your wolf you, yes.”

I huffed, agitated. “I'll prove I can control myself,” I suggested. “I mean, it only lasts a couple hours anyway, right?”

He sighed and nodded. “But, how can you prove—?”

I brought my lips to his, and I almost gasp at how much I.. well, wanted him right now.

I quickly fiddled with the buttons on his shirt and he undid my jeans. I was down the the third button when I pulled away, gasping.

“Okay, I have to admit, you have more control then me,” he confessed. “Even while your in heat...”

I smirked, my nails digging into my palms as I fought to not pounce on him, again.

I opened the door, Jace and I stepped out. I quickly walked up to Mason's door and pounded my fist against it. Seconds later he answered with a scowl on his face, but his look softened when he realized it was me.

“Yeah?” he questioned.

“I'm going to the book store now, my first day of my job.”

He seemed confused at first, like he was wondering why I was telling him this, but then he remembered the fight I had with my father.

“Okay,” his gaze flickered down to my wrist. “What's with all the bracelets?”

I shrugged nonchalantly. “I took them off for the first couple days of school but I decided to put them back on now,” I lied partially.

He nodded and his gaze landed on Jace, then back at me. “What time will you be home?”

I shrugged again, gnawing on my lip. “I don't know. I'll give you a call then.”

He nodded and retreated back into his little 'man-cave'.

“Ah! Ryder! So glad you could make it,” Amy gushed as I walked into her office around five o'clock.

“Yeah, sorry I'm late,” I responded. “I got caught up at school,” I lied.

“Oh that's quite alright,” she grinned.

“So, what are my hours?” I asked, fiddling with my rubber bracelets on my wrist so they all face the same direction, excluding my mom's bracelet.

She shrugged nonchalantly. “Whenever you feel like coming in,” she said, as if it was obvious. When I just gawked at her she chuckled. “Yes, I am very laid back, as you can see.”

She gestured to her sweats tucked into UGG boots along with a tank top and a loose cardigan on top of it. Her long brown hair was tucked up in a bun, a pencil sticking through it.

I chuckled at how outgoing she was. “By the way, I'm working on a novel right now, so don't be weirded out when I come out of my office and ask for your opinion. You are the only female here besides me, well, at least for everyday except for Wednesday.”

I swallowed hard at this. I was still in heat, partially, I guess. I felt all hyped up and hot. Very uncomfortable.

“Okay,” I replied, keeping my cool. Which I was loosing very quickly. “Wish me luck!”