Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

“God dammit,” I hissed. “Why is it always me?”

Jace's fedora hat was sitting crookedly on his head. I resisted the urge to reach up and center it.

Jace scoffed. “I wish I knew,”

I chuckled, but instantly regretted it as it caused my side to hurt. I groaned, turning around on my bed so I was laying on my back, staring at my white ceiling, filled with posters of Taylor Launter, The Harry Potter Cast, and of course my favorite WWE wrestler, Randy Orton.

My whole family used to watch it together, every Monday and Friday. It was family bonding time, I guess. But it was quickly dismissed after my mom died. Now, we either watch it alone or not at all.

After the incident at the party, Jace drove me home. The pain had seized as soon as we got to his car. I was especially grateful for Rix who had brought some disinfectant and one band-aid.

Yeah.

One band-aid.

Sometimes I worry about Rix...

The door flew open and in walked Macy. Her eyes were smeared from yesterdays makeup, and she had exchanged her dress for a pair of sweats and one of Mason's shirts.

I wonder what's going on with her and Rix... Or her and Mason, for that matter.

She marched up to the side of my bed and tossed a pillow at my face.

“You and birthday's don't really mix, do they?”

I groaned at the memory for last year's birthday. The day of the Change.

Obviously noticing Jace's baffled look, she stared at him with the same expression sprawled out onto his flawless face.

“Oh, she didn't tell you about last year?” she asked.

“Macy, don't you—”

She went on as if she didn't hear me.

Sadly, Macy's story is a little different. She doesn't know about the whole werewolf old-lady thing, then being dragged into an alley only to be found by a teenager the next day who then brought her to the local emergency room where they put her in a room in which they tested her for rabies, seeing as she was practically drowned in animal blood.

What the results for the test were, she'd never know. Because as soon as the nurses left, she snatched her clothes which were sprawled out on the chair, as if they knew she was going to leave, and jumped out the window, all because of a sudden urge to be outside, in the cool night air.

“So we went to this hot club on her birthday and I hooked her up with this really hot dude she loves,” she said. I was clutching the pillow so hard my knuckled were turning white. He didn't need to know about Aiden!

“Macy, stop—”

“And then were dancing and partying, right? But then she starts complaining about wanting to go so we leave,” she explained. “But on the way home she—”

I snapped. What point of stopping doesn't she get?!

Macy, stop!

She flinched, as if something had hit her, then blinked, a total baffled expression on her face.

“Wha... What was I saying?” she asked.

I gawked at her. What the hell was that? Macy just shrugged, mumbling about wanting some pizza, then exited the room.