Chapter Sixteen

This one seemed really long for me. :[  Well, enjoy!

-------------------------

Chapter Sixteen

“What the hell happened, Ryder?” asked Mason, gesturing to my sprained wrist. I just got home—thanks to Macy, by the way—and I was bombarded by questions before I could even get out of her car.

Mason had a rugby game, so he was delayed for a while.

“I hurt myself in gym class, chill!” I lied.

He sighed and rubbed his face with his hands. “Alright, come on inside.” he said to me. Then to Macy he grinned and said, “Thanks May. See you later!”

I slowly walked up the driveway, unsure of how I was going to face my father.

Macy's car started and sped off down the road, darting towards her house.

The big french doors swung open and Mason and I came face to face with my dad. I hadn't seen him in two days, and he looked stressed out. His eyes were slightly puffy and bloodshot, and his blond hair was tousled messily.

“Daddy-I'm-sorry!” I yelled as I hurled myself at him, wrapping my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He seemed too shocked at my sudden action to reply at first, but it vanished as he wrapped his arms around my waist tightly.

“It's okay, sweetie,” he cooed, patting my hair. “It's okay.”

He put me down slowly, a goofy grin on his face. I laughed at his childishness and patted his arm. “Jace invited me over for dinner tonight, is that okay?”

“I suppose,” he sighed, scratching his chin. “What time?”

“He said around four, but we have to drop of Nick after dinner too so I don't know when I'll be back by.” I said with a shrug.

“Whose Nick?”

“His little brother,” I explained while I ran up the stairs to 'do my homework'.

“Wait, Ryder!”

I poked my head out from the hallway upstairs. “Yeah?”

“What the hell happened to your wrist?”

“I hurt myself in gym class, chill!” I answered with the same excuse I gave Mason. I have a feeling I'd be using it a lot from now on.

Not waiting for him to answer, I slipped into my bright room, grateful for the white walls and colorful pink and orange decor.

I slipped out of my shorts and tank top, exchanging them for some skinny jeans and a Batman shirt with yellow rings around the quarter-sleeves.

I pulled my hair out of the bun and let it hang down, the straight brown ends with blue and white strands reaching the middle of my ribcage. I parted my hair the usual way; to the side, my chin-length bangs and other hair that framed my face hid my right eye partially.

I glanced at my clock on the dusty nightstand and saw it was 3:30.

I sprinting to the balcony and jumped off swiftly, landing on my orange converse softly.

I ran to the shed, barging in.

Only to find it empty.

I groaned in annoyance and grabbed a pen and paper from the floor, next to the stack of Game-Informer. I sure hope he isn't spending all my money on those magazines!

I hastily wrote him a note, stating how I was going to introduce him to Macy tomorrow right after school at three.

I was tired of leaving Macy out in the cold, about everything. She is my best friend and I don't want to keep secrets from here, but sometimes I didn't have a choice!