Chapter Nine

He walked in with all his cute guy glory. He beamed when he saw me just sitting there and to be completely honest I was beaming right back. I don't know why, I guess I'm just glad to see him. Even if he did try to punch Scott last time, I mean if it were me I'd have tried to punch Scott too. He's such an ass...

"Heard you were out of commission," he says still grinning and holding up a paper bag. "I figured I'd bring some of the best board games of all time for us to play. I mean if you're up to the challenge that is."

Okay, if we're being honest here I don't deserve his company right now. I look like an absolute mess. But for some reason, Oakland must be ignoring that fact.

So out of his giant paper bag he pulls out a giant tub of ice cream and several board games including my favorite game of all time: monopoly.

"So you actually live with Scott?" Oakland asks as he settles down across from me on my bed.

"T-to my dismay," I say nodding.

"You can be the banker," Oakland says passing me the monopoly playing money. "But you must remember that with great power comes great responsibility. Use it wisely."

"No p-promises."

"I guess I'll hold you to that."

I don't know why but I was seriously having a hard time reading Oakland. Like I couldn't tell if he was just a super nerdy cute guy that liked monopoly and ice cream. Or if he was just a guy from that party still trying to just hook up or something. But the second one doesn't seem very likely considering he came here even though I was just bitten by a snake therefore it would be rather tricky to hook up right now. But then again the odds of me actually finding a nice guy are just as unbelievable.

Anyways monopoly has always been one of my favorite games in the history of ever because it feels like it could just go on forever and ever. Plus I'm great at math.

2 rounds later Scott finally emerges from the bathroom.

Yes, he does take forever to shower.

He of course just had to step out without a shirt on. He's wearing a pair of very dark blue shirts that clung to his legs and he's drying his hair with a towel. Basically he looks drop dead sexy right now.

As soon as he walks out and sees Oakland and I, he immediately glares. And he actually looks like he wants to kill one of us. So I of course, glare back. Oakland is probably hella confused.

"How long have you been here?" Scott asks turning his glare to only Oakland.

"How the hell long have you been here?" Oakland fires back skeptically. " I've been here a good two hours, were you seriously in the bathroom the entire time?"

"Well I do live here," Scott says standing up straighter. "I'm fully entitled to take as long as I please in my bathroom."

"Well sorry about trying to hit you the other night," Oakland says .

"Whatever," Scott crosses his arms over his chest. "I have a date tonight, so I'm leaving in a few."

"I t-thought you weren't g-going," I say frowning at him.

"Well I am," Scott snaps. "Anyways has the pizza gotten here yet?"

"Yes..." I say trailing off.

"Well where is it?"

"We kind of ate it," Oakland explains.

"You ate pizza that I paid for?" Scott asks clenching his fists.