Chapter Thirty

Abby's P.O.V

So I heard about the town fair that's supposed to be here this week," Oakland says staring at me as we walk down the sidewalk after an extremely awkward dinner that consisted of Scott and Oakland glaring at each other while Becca and Victor laughed at them.

"Did you hear about the idiot that kept trying to steal what wasn't his?" I hear Scott ask. I turn towards him and raise my eyebrows.

"Who?" Oakland asks as he also raises an eyebrow at Scott.

"Exactly."

"Weak," Victor says shaking his head at Scott.

I laugh at Scotts poor excuse of a joke as he pouts. He winks at me and Oakland shoots a confusing glance my way. He's a blonde at heart.

We continue to follow Oakland down the street until a giant Ferris wheel comes into view. As we round the corner I see the fair towering in all it's awesomeness. The smell of expensive salty foods lingers in the air and I've already lost count of the amount of guys who are roaming around here shirtless. Most of them probably shouldn't...ever...go shirtless in public. When we reach the ticket guy Oakland gladly reaches for his pocket and pulls out his wallet.

"I'm paying for her and I," Oakland says nodding his head towards me. I'm about to protest and tell him that I am completely capable of paying for myself but Scott seems to beat me to it.

"I got it bro," Scott says as he slaps Oakland on the back a little harder than what's necessary.

"No it's fine," Oakland says before nodding towards Becca and Victor. "You can cover them."

"I'll cover all of us," Scott says puffing his chest out and stepping in front of Oakland. He hands the ticket guy a one hundred dollar bill before stepping back and smirking at Oakland. Becca is standing behind us snickering as she whispers something to Victor who nods with a small smile on his face.

"I need to put your bracelets on," the ticket guy says looking quite bored. I step up and hold my wrist out so he can latch the little paper bracelet onto my wrist.

"I like your beanie," ticket guy says smiling nicely at me and gesturing towards Scott's beanie which I had stolen from him before we got out of the car. I smile back and thank him but then I feel a pair of arms loop around my waist.

"Hey," I look over and see Scott who is now talking to ticket guy. "Did you hear about the idiot who kept trying to steal what wasn't his?"

"Scott," I interrupt him shaking my head at his antics. "You c-cant use t-that more than once."

"But it's original," he whines pouting at me.

"T-that isn't original at all," I say twisting out of his grip. "J-just hurry up."

"As you wish."