Chapter Ten

Okay so maybe I wasn't being completely truthful before when I said that I had no relationship/dating experience before. I technically have but after it was over all I did was try to forget about it. His name is Parker Reynolds. We 'dated' for a while junior and senior year of high school. I can't even really remember how we ended up going out with each other in the first place. I do remember how nerdy and sweet he was when we first started dating. Then he changed.

We broke up towards the middle of senior year and I didn't think I'd have to see him again after we graduated. I definitely didn't want to see him again after the last night we were together...

So seeing him here, at my college, staring at me with his wide chocolate brown eyes and still adorable dimples, I can't even move. We both stare at each other for what feels like forever before Becca finally interrupts us.

"Ehem," Becca says snapping her fingers at him. "Who are you? And why are you staring at each other like that?"

"Becca I'm finished!" Anna screeches walking out of the bathroom. Her hair is still dripping wet and she's wearing an extremely bright yellow sun dress. She doesn't seem to notice me or Parker as she strides over towards her closet.

"Hey Anna," Becca says skeptically looking between Parker and I.

"Can I borrow a pair of your converse?" Anna asks digging through their closet. " Mine are like tiny pieces of shit at this poin-"

In the middle of her sentence she looks up and sees Parkers. I watch as her face goes from confused to tensed up as soon as she sees him.

"Hey," he says waving awkwardly at us. Miraculously his voice has somehow gotten even deeper since the last time I spoke with him.

"What are you doing here?" Anna immediately asks. She walks up and pushes me behind her, as if she's afraid Parker is going to try something.

"Um..." he shifts nervously from where he's standing. His eyes go from me to Anna to Becca then back to me again.

He's still good looking. Like extremely good looking. It looks like he finally got over that blonde hair phase he was going through when he started getting more popular in high school. I always thought that he was cuter as a brunette.

"I wanted to see you," Parker says staring at me slowly scratching the back of his head.

"Okay that's a little creepy," Becca says looking from me to Parker. "Not trying to be rude or anything but who the hell are you?"

"I just want to talk," Parker says ignoring Becca's question.

"Didn't we already go over this a few months ago?" Anna says sternly, placing her hands on her hips. "She doesn't want to talk to you."

"Why don't you let her say that for herself then?" Parker asks glaring at her. Yeah the two of them never really got along too well....

"Get out," Anna says pointing at the door. I know Parker well enough to know that he isn't going to leave that easily. I guess that's one thing that he and Anna will always have in common: their stubbornness.

"I just want to talk," he says looking away from Anna and up at me. I can see him pleading with me in his eyes.

It's been months now Abby, just get it over with.

"Alright," I say stepping in front of Anna. I ignore her as I quickly move over towards Parker who now has a very triumphant look on his face, and as soon as I see it I'm not sure whether or not I'm making the right decision by talking to him now.