Chapter Twenty One

Scott's P.O.V

In the weeks that follow I will admit that I wasn't exactly in the best of moods. Abby hasn't been back to the dorm room since the incident because she went home with her parentns so she could rest a little before coming back to school. Of course the incident happened over a month ago.

I'm not going to lie and say that my life has channged dramatically just because of Abby's sudden absence. Because it hasn't. But I will admit that my days have been moving relatively slow. I haven't seenn Becca much over the last few days and it's been the same with Liam. I mean I'm not going to lie and say that I've actually attempted to hang out with them lately. Sure I miss them and everything but I don't think I have the energy to hang out with them right now.

Anyhow, I decided that I should drive home this weekend to see my family since I haven't exactly been answering there calls lately. I've been trying to avoid the dreaded talk I knew I'd have to have with my parents about the night Abby/Ab dined with us. But I knew at some point we were going to have to talk about it so I might as well get it done and over with.

The first person I see when I step into the house is my brother sitting on the kitchen counter eating a popsicle.

As soon as he sees me he bursts out laughing.

"There's the man of the hour," Falon says jumping off of hte counter and walking over to give me a pat on the back. "You have absolutely no idea how hilarious that dinner was man. I mean-"

"Scott," I look over and see both of my parents in the doorway. My father is already scolding me. He wastes no time in skipping straight to the point.

"What the hell were you thinking?"

"Dad I understand what I did was wrong and I promise it won't happen again," I say tiredly. Everyone stops what they're doing and stares at me with wide eyes. I've never apologized that easily before.

"Honey what's wrong?" Mom asks walking over and pullinng me into a tight hug. She knows me so well, bless this woman.

I look over and see my sister walk in and hop up next to Falon on the counter.

"Well I suppose you remember my room mate right?" I ask avoiding everyone's eyes.

"Right," My mom says.

"Well she doesn't remember any of you."

.-.-.-.-.-.-.

After explaing all that's happened to my family they're all in various states of shock. I mean they aren't shocked enough to care that much considering they barely know Abby and the one time they did meet her, she was technically still Ab.

"That's actually kind of funny," Falon laughs.

He's such a prick.

"Is there anything we can do to help?" My mom asks starinng at me with wide sad eyes.

"The doctors said it would come back to her eventually in due time," I say avoiding her eyes. "She won't want our help though, she hates me again."

"Why would she hate you?"

Just as I'm about to groan, my phone starts ringing. I haven't been answeing my phone lately. I pull it out of my pocket and tiredly look at the I.D. expecting for it to be Becca again.

Call from: My Stutter Girl.

I literally drop my phone as I see the name. I quickly dive to grab the phone and stumble as I click the answer button. I breathe as I look up at my family who are now staring at me with raised eyebrows.