Bonus Chapter 2.0

There's Daniel off to the side—-}}}

Part 1/2

Daniel's P.O.V

Couples.

I bite my lip awkwardly as I sit at the dining room table with my brothers and their girlfriends. Abby and Scott are feeding each other in such a manner that would even make the cutest of couples want the ground to swallow them up whole. Anna is in Falon's lap and pancakes are sitting on the table in front of them, forgotten and cold. I furrow my eyebrows when I look at the predicament I've put myself in by eating at the table with them.

I've made myself the fifth wheel.

I could just leave and go to my room but I haven't finished my pancakes and my parents still won't let me eat in my room since the last incident that my mom walked in on.

I wasn't eating food if you know what I mean.

I huff and cross my arms as I stare down at my half eaten blueberry pancakes. Usually I would've finished inhaling my food by now but I've been spending half of the time I was supposed to be eating for attempting to not gag at my brothers and their girlfriends.

"Who killed your puppy?" Miranda asks popping up behind me with a plate of food in her hands. I frown up at her, even though my sister isn't the ideal person I'd pick to have with me right now, at least I'm not alone anymore.

"Who would kill a puppy?" I ask as she takes the seat next to me. She glances at the two couples in front of us and shakes her head before looking back at me.

"Bad people but that's beside the point," she says rolling her eyes at me. "Why do you look like you just drank bleach?"

"You ever wonder why I'm still single?" I ask looking away from her.

"No not at all."

"Is that supposed to be an insult?"

"Take it how you want."

"I'm serious though," I say leaning my head back in my chair and tilting my head at her. "I mean I've got the full package. I'm pretty damn handsome if I do say so myself, I'm funny, I'm fucking adorable-"

"I disagree," she says as she cuts up her pancakes for her to eat. "And fucking adorable? I think that's a bit of a stretch."

"C'mon Miranda," I say narrowing my eyes at her. "All of the Rogers men just have a certain charm about them that it fucking adorable."

"Well I guess you must have missed out on that gene," I immediately snort at her remark.

"Don't listen to her mate," Falon says from where he's sitting. I almost forgot that they were all still in here with us. I thought they would be too absorbed in each other to be listening to Miranda and I's conversation. "Miranda's just salty that the woman don't get the fucking adorable gene."

"It must've skipped over you too," I hear Abby whisper to Scott and I chuckle when Scott playfully glares at her.

"Dude don't worry about getting a girlfriend right now," Scott says tossing his arm around the back of Abby's chair. "They are so freaking high maintenance that sometimes this job gets really exhausting."

"Oh really?" Abby asks standing up and crossing her arms over his chest. "Well maybe you wouldn't be so exhausted if you got some more sleep...on the couch."