Chapter Fifty Three

Abby's P.O.V

I wake up the next day to the bed I'm laying on shaking violently. I slowly open my eyes and blink a couple of times as my eyes adjust to the bright light in the room. I sit up quickly and look over to see Liam laying on his side next to me and trembling viciously. We must have fallen asleep during the movie yesterday.

I tilt my head in confusion at the sight before me. Maybe he's having some type of bad dream? But even if he were I don't think he should be trembling this much. I quickly stand up out of the bed and make my way over to Liam's side of the bed. 

When I reach his side of the bed I immediately notice that he's holding both sides of his head as if he's trying to block out some type of sound and his eyes are sealed shut. There are small whimpers coming from his mouth, maybe it is just a bad dream. 

"L-Liam?" I cautiously reach over and gently shake him shoulder. His eyes unexpectedly open almost immediately. I retract my hand from him but even after he opens his eyes he still continues to shake violently. "W-what's happening?"

"This h-has been happening a lot lately," he says stuttering slightly which surprises me. He shuts his eyes again for a moment and I take that as my queue to go find someone to help. But as I'm stepping away his hand locks on my wrists and he tugs me so that I'm facing him again. He glances up at me and shakes his head.

"I h-have to g-go get help," I say trying to leave the room but he shakes his head at me again with pleading eyes as he keeps a gentle but firm grip on my wrist. 

"Liam w-what's going on?" I ask staring down at him.

"W-well remember how I t-told you I was trying to quit drinking and smoking?" He asks with a small sad smile on his face. I notice a bead of sweat begin to drop down his forehead as he lets go of my wrist. "Well t-this is one of the symptoms."

I nod as I realize what he's telling me. I contemplate what my next move should be. I could stay in here like he wants me to and try to help him. But the problem that lies there is the fact that I don't know how to help him at all and from the way that he's sweating and trembling, it looks like he needs actual help. Anna's anxiety attacks and his withdrawal symptoms are probably two completely different things and I'm pretty sure that he needs to be treated for this in some way.

"I'm g-going to go find s-someone to help," I tell him kneeling beside his bed and looking him in the eyes. But as soon as I say that his eyes grow wide with fear evident in them.

"N-no please don't tell anyone, especially not Scott's parents." He says and I tilt my head at him as to why he's so opposed to anyone finding out about this. He gulps and begins breathing heavily before explaining to me. "If t-they find out, then they'll tell me parents. I... I can't t-talk to my parents. Not again."