Epilogue part One

A/N: Yes I did decide to make a part one and two for the epilogue because had I not the chapter would have been gigantic. So I hope you enjoy part one!!

*Two years later*

Abby's P.O.V

"Abby I don't want you to do the surgery."

As soon as Scott says that my head snaps towards him and I half expect him to be laughing, but no. He's staring at me with a straight face. 

It's been two years since Parker, Ryan, and Mr. O'Neil have been arrested. They're obviously still in jail right now. Parker got more time for what he's done to us and previous offences. Ryan is in there on attempted murder charges, although I do feel bad for him. Scott ended up donating money to Ariele, Ryan's girlfriend, so that she wouldn't have to pay for any of her hospital charges. She's in remission as of now and her and I have actually become really good friends. 

I've been saving up over these past two years to get rid of this stutter. Scott had offered to pay for it again when he realized that I was saving up again, but I had said no to him because he's already done so much. But ever since I've started college again and set my mind on getting this surgery, I've noticed that Scott has been a lot more reluctant when it comes to even talking about the surgery. And before now I thought it was just that he didn't care whether or not I got it, but that's obviously not the case. Right now he and I are sitting in the waiting room so that we can talk to my doctor. But I probably won't be getting the surgery for another few months. 

"What d-do you mean you d-don't want me to g-get it?" I ask Scott who is slumped in the chair next to me with his arms crossed. 

"Because you don't need it," he whines sounding like a seven year old. "What could you possibly do without a stutter that you can't already do now?"

"Public speaking," I immediately say as I begin listing all of the reasons I don't need this stutter. "I-interviews, telemarketing-"

"You aren't a telemarketer," Scott says rolling his eyes at me. "And you could still do all of those things if you want to."

"And I c-could do them all the m-more effectively w-without stuttering," I say and he sighs before turning in his seat so that he's laying on his side and staring at me. He reaches his hand up and starts playing with the ends of my hair. 

"I don't want you to get rid of it," he says staring at me with pleading eyes. 

"W-what happened to the g-guy who was offering t-to pay for it?" I ask frowning. "I th-thought you wanted it gone too."

"No I never said that," he says shaking his head at me. "I knew it was something that you really wanted. I was just trying to make you happy, but now I'm having second thoughts. I mean this is a part of you-"

"That I d-don't want anymore," I say cutting him off. "And I know t-that's not the actual reason Scott. Just t-tell me why y-you don't want to g-get rid of it."