Chapter 27- Part 2

By now we had walked most of the way already and were close to town. Time went even quicker when you had a companion. I buried my head in the flowers and inhaled their scent. Chris smiled at me and I realised that we had stopped in front of a little shop. I cocked my head questioningly.

"Here we are miss" he said and tipped an invisible hat in my direction. I surprised myself by giggling like a schoolgirl. He looked shocked and I turned red.

Clearing my throat Chris led me into the store, and just had time to see the name was 'Ben and Jerry's Ice-Cream Shack'. It was small and cute to say the least, but I was grinning. I loved Ben and Jerry's ice cream and Chris knew this.

There was a bar in front of us that housed loads of different kinds of ice-cream. The walls were painted a pastel blue and were very calming. In front of the window were four high tables. There was also a cute blonde girl around my age behind the counter as well as a guy with black hair, who I'm guessing was sixteen, the same age as Wyatt. They smiled as they saw us come in and I smiled back before bounding up to the bar and looking at the different flavours.

"Hi I'm Nick" the guy behind the bar said.

"Hi I'm Lila and I have a boyfriend" I said, sensing that he was going to hit on me. He grinned.

"Yeah I know, the guy you came in with is giving me evils from your table." I glanced behind and saw that Chris was indeed shooting looks at Nick. I motioned for him to join me and he rose out of his seat, before I turned back to Nick and laughed at him.

"You've got it wrong. We're not together." I explained and saw Nick nod.

"Sure you're not. Oh this is Trudy" he said gesturing towards the girl.

"Hi" we both smiled and she blushed as Chris approached.

"What are you having then" he asked, while slinging an arm across my shoulders.

"Erm, ice-cream I think" I said grinning at him, causing Nick and Trudy to laugh. He rolled his eyes.

"I guessed. I meant what flavours and how many scoops?" he tried again and I 'oh'ed at him.

"I dunno. What are you having?" I asked him. He shrugged and looked at the menu on the bar.

"I might be a daredevil and have the brain freezer with six different flavours" he said wiggling his eyebrows. I grinned.

"You're on" I said and we both stuck our tongues out at each other.

"Okay so two brain freezers. One with chocolate fudge brownie, vanilla, strawberry cheesecake, caramel chew chew, cookie dough and err...fairly nuts" Chris said looking at the labels on the front of the bar which tells you which flavour is which. Nick went around and scooped one of each into the tray while Chris said it. Boy he was quick.

"Sauces?" Nick asked and Chris nodded.

"Chocolate. Can I have a wafer thing as well?" Nick nodded and handed it to Trudy while he got out a tray for me.

"And she will have chocolate fudge brownie, mint chocolate, vanilla, phish food, coconutterly fair and New York super fudge chunk" Chris reeled off and shockingly he knew what I would order. Again Nick kept up with his order and handed to tray to Trudy who put chocolate sauce and a wafer on mine.

"Ten bucks says you can't eat the whole thing without stopping" I said grinning evilly. Chris raised his eyebrows while he gave the money to Nick.

"You're on Lila, 'cause I know that I will win so you might as well back out" he replied and heard Trudy and Nick 'ooh' at his challenge. I took my tray when Trudy passed it to me before turning to Chris so my face was next to his, allowing me to talk into his ear.