Chapter 30

In the end I did talk, but not to Billie. I needed to talk to my friends. Terri was a no go because I had a feeling she would say to me to date both guys, and I couldn't do that to them. I decided to talk to Amy and Melinda, but I couldn't talk to them while they were in the same room as Chris.

Mel I need to talk to you  I sent to her as I walked passed the dining area. I kept my eyes locked on the staircase though as everyone was still seated at the table, and after that little staring contest between Chris and me I'm sure they were going to observe my every move.

Okay sis we'll be upstairs soon  came her reply in my head as I walked up the second set of stairs. Wow she took her time replying to me but I was smiling to myself when I heard her call me sis.

I could still sense everyone's gaze on me, but strangely enough I could feel Chris' stare the most as it made my body tingle.

Finally I finished walking up the staircase and emerged in the corridor. I followed it down and around until I ended up outside of my room and I breathed a sigh of relief at not being the centre of attention.

I headed for my bed and jumped onto it when I was near to it, which caused my book to jump as well. I caught it before it dropped back onto my tie-dyed bed sheet and opened it to the page that my bookmark was on. I carried on reading until Amy and Melinda came into my room.

When the door opened I had just started the first chapter of the second book: The Struggle and I was so encompassed in what I was reading that I didn't hear the door open until the person was standing next to my bed.

"Lila" he said and I jolted at his voice. Looking up I was met by a pair of sparkling blue eyes.

"Hey Wyatt what's up?" I replied. He smiled at me.

"Nothing I'm fine, I just came here to check up on you" he replied causing me to smile. I definitely was making progress with him. What I couldn't understand about Wyatt was that he had good witch instincts, yet he claimed that my boyfriend was evil. The funny thing was that he couldn't sense that I was half demon. Unless it was because I was half demon but even then I was powerful. Gosh it's giving me a headache so I filed that information away for the time being and decided to deal with it later.

"Thanks but I'm fine" I said quickly, once I realised that he was waiting for me to reply. At this statement he smiled tightly but gave me a look that I knew was his 'don't lie I know you're not fine. You can tell me' look. He had various looks that he had given me over the years, but I had become accustomed to this because it was the one he tended to give me a lot. What can I say I don't like people worrying about me. I shrugged.

"So I'm not fine. I'm freaking out. I have no idea why this is happening after so long, and I feel so bad because I'm with Josh. Wyatt don't start please, I'm not in the mood" I answered, because when I mentioned Josh he rolled his eyes and opened his mouth to argue, so I felt the need to state myself. I really wasn't in the mood to argue with him.

"I'm sorry Lila, you know I care about you, you're practically my sister in so many ways, so am I not allowed to be protective of you?" I bit my lip to hold back the emotions I felt when he said this.

"Thanks Wyatt, you're practically the older brother I never had as well, and of course you're allowed to be protective of me it's just that you don't need to be because Josh is perfectly fine" I explained causing us both to smile. I felt for the first time like I was actually part of a family. He frowned when I said there was no need for it though.

"Lila you know how strongly I feel about this. There's something not right with him, and well I kinda went to the underworld a few days ago and some demons spoke of him" Wyatt said shrugging. I could tell that he was feeling uncomfortable about saying this. I glared at him when he said this.