Chapter 3- I Feel Your Pain

I wanted to stop and breakdown.

Tears wouldn't stop streaming down my face. Leaving the Ghosts had been worse than the last time, if that's what they were even called. When I thought of the Ghosts, I thought Keegan. I thought Logan and Hailey. Now that Keegan was gone, I didn't know what to call the others.

"Please don't slow Starlight," I cried, hugging her neck and clutching black mane tight in my hand.

Starlight panted heavily from the snow, but she pressed on. It was snowing again, and heavy this time. I let her choose which way to go.

"Woah," I yelled out.

Starlight was suddenly rearing in the air. I rolled off the back of her, knowing whatever had spooked her wasn't friendly. Generating powers into my hand, I walked past where Starlight had been standing. She was trotting away in a hurry.

"Who's there?" I growled, powers flaming in my hands. "I'll blow your fucking head off."

"That wouldn't be very nice would it?" a deep voice whispered, breath on my ear.

Turning in a flash, I launched powers at where the voice had come from. The bright light hit a tree and then dimmed off. A throaty laugh echoed in the black and white world around me soon after.

"Easy Hailey, don't strain yourself."

A hit to my side made me let out a shriek of pain. It was a cheap shot, and I blew up a force field around me, hoping to hit the attacker if they were near.

"Try again," the voice laughed again.

I got hit on the other side and fell to my knees in the shin-deep snow that happened to be packed much deeper than that below it. Looking down, I kept my powers flaming.

"Just leave me alone," I grumbled. "Kill me."

I allowed my powers to disappear from my hands. My hands found my knees and I rested them there, shaking. The footsteps that followed the silence were slow and cautious. This person was smart and knew who I was. Did Logan follow me?

"What's the matter sister?" the person plopped down in front of me, knees covered in all black clothes.

"Alec!" I looked up and tried to defend myself.

Without blinking, Alec used his powers to freeze me. I couldn't move anything except my face. My eyes narrowed in anger.

"You visited them?" Alec questioned. "Did you think you'd find something there?"

I looked away from his fierce gaze, eyes glowing red with his powers.

"Do you expect to find him there?" Alec didn't even dare say the name; he had been the one to kill Keegan after all.

"No," I growled. "Release me."

"So you can attack me?" Alec raised an eyebrow. "No."

"I don't want to attack you," I muttered. "There's no point."

Alec gazed at me for a few moments and then sighed. I felt the pressure around me release. Instead of trying to attack him, I ran for it-which was most likely worse.

Sprinting in super speed through the trees, I didn't hear Alec behind me. Glancing back, I didn't see him anywhere. When I faced forwards, I hit a hard figure.

I seriously need to stop looking back when I run.

"Where do you think you're going?" Alec grabbed my throat and jacket.