Chapter 34- Hailey

My rage was uncontrollable. 

As I ran through trees, they came crashing down. Lightning and thunder lit up the sky while rain covered the darkening light. Wind began blowing in multiple directions, stirring up pieces of the fallen trees. Those piece flew around, slapping around Federation men as they moved to intercept me. 

My eyes were a blazing grey now, so bright that they were blinding to anyone who looked into them. My muscles were tight, generating super strength the entire time I fought, and my hands glowed a steady color of orange. 

I drove myself to imagine slaughtering Alec. The picture of his limp body hitting the ground was so incredibly pleasing. Never mind the want to feel his crimson blood gush onto my already-bloody clothes.

"Stop her!" 

A group of twenty soldiers pulled up their weapons in the wind and rain dripped from the muzzles of the powerless weapons. I flicked my hand as I pushed forwards. The guns flew from the mens' hands and stuck into the thick mud. 

I let out a cry as a sharp drift of pain crossed my temples once more. That cry, however, made my powers flex. The soldiers were suddenly on their knees, choking for air. Black dust surrounded and filled their mouths and nostrils. 

"There's no stopping me this time!" I shouted over the weather.

"Are you sure about that?" 

I snapped up to where Alec was forcing more Federation men against me. His gaze wasn't its usual green- like mine- but a bright gold. It proved Alec was also using his powers. 

My mind brought me back to the ground in front of me. Multiple groups of enemies were pursuing me. I held up my hands and managed to force some of them back. 

Those few that pushed onward met my fists and legs. I gave them hell- pushing my powers into every hit I completed. Every man was on the ground within seconds, either dead or unconscious. 

I breathed heavily, looking towards Alec. "Come down and fight, you coward!" 

Alec only gave a testy smirk. He rolled his hands into himself and then flung them out towards me. I found myself sliding backwards from the force he brought down. 

My grey gaze narrowed and I stood up, curling my toes to lock into the mud. 

"You won't survive long!" 

Alec looked to where hundreds of Federation men were pushing in my direction. I clenched my fists tighter and gave a slight bend into the knees. 

Before I could generate a deep power, voices running through the torn up woods caught my attention. Five figures streamed out of the trees, shooting rapidly from their man-made weapons. 

"We have your back Hailey!" Merrick looked to me with a nod. 

I nodded back, swallowing to face the incoming Federation men. My palms smashed together, slowly creating hard friction. I parted my hands and a bright ball of orange popped up. Inside the ball were small flecks of black. 

My body let out a groan as I shoved the power outwards into the crowd of the Federation men. Most of them continued towards us, sliding behind cover and shooting, yet some ran stupidly towards me. 

I grabbed a younger male by the throat as he reached me. His eyes widened as I squeezed and shoved Flame into his body. Once I released him, he was a burrito- baked from the inside out. 

My gaze shifted to where the Ghosts had split up from cover; each one fought in their own way and each were successful. I found my body radiating Force. The arms of the power wrapped around each soldier fighting on my side and cradled them like a baby, protecting them from bullets and punches inflicted by Federation.