Chapter 28- The Story

Keegan's POV:

The iron gates in front of me rattled as Alec opened them. I watched as the rusty objects screeched open to reveal the powerful man in front of me. His gaze was steadily on me with a smirk plastered onto his face.

"Oh come on, Keegan," Alec taunted. "Just leave already."

"Why?"

Alec leaned forwards and clutched my wrist. "Because I need you to be the medicine to Hailey's pain, soon to come of course."

"You're a sick bastard," I growled.

"Sick enough to let you go, you're right," Alec hissed back. "Now go before I change my mind."

I shoved past my worst enemy and moved out into the sunlight. It stung my pale skin, almost a blinding mirror to any person around. My skin was filthy, just like that prison cell, and I ran a hand through my oily black hair.

"Best to be hurrying along, Mr. Russ," Alec hissed as he shot past me in super speed towards where the Ghosts' base would be.

I let out a sigh, my breath a horrid stink of nothing, and began weakly walking towards where I thought home would welcome me.

~~~

The shower water was warm and relaxing to my muscles, causing me to stay in the enclosed space for over twenty minutes. I couldn't get enough of the shampoo either, my hands squeezing almost the entire bottle into hair.

"Keegan?" someone came into the bathroom.

I swore the scent of roses and vanilla coated the room as she entered and I couldn't help but let out a groan. "Yes?"

"I'm leaving a towel here on the counter for you," Hailey sounded awkward, her shadow stepping in front of the privately covered shower door. "We're having dinner in a few minutes."

Please join me just for two.

"Thank you," I murmured, leaning my elbows against the wall and looking down at the drain.

"Keegan," Hailey paused, "are you okay in there?"

Come find out.

"Yes, I was just so filthy I don't think I can ever feel clean," I let out a small laugh.

Hailey let out an amused huff. "I'll be in the bedroom."

As soon as she left the bathroom, I exited the shower. I wrapped the towel around my waist and then looked in the mirror while I brushed my teeth for a third time. My eyes traveled to where bruises still laughed on my abs and a small scratch grinned on my jaw. Throughout my entire body, muscles still rippled, yet most were weaker than usual; that's what months without exercise did.

Leaving the bathroom, I came face to face with Hailey. Her green eyes strayed to my damp abs and her cheeks instantly turned rosy. I smirked when her gaze met mine.

"I missed you," she spoke awkwardly. "I thought you were fucking dead."

"Obviously I'm not," I promised.

"You have a lot of explaining to do," she crossed her arms from where she sat on the bed.

"And I will explain, but only once," I thought of dinner. "At dinner."

Hailey dipped her head. "Now put on a shirt and come join us."

As she stood up, I grabbed Hailey's wrist and pulled her into me. Her smile knowingly looked up to my face, her gaze burning every cell.