Chapter 14-The Power of Your Power

"So many books," I commented, almost amazed.

I'd been with Jason for close to four days now. My side was just completely healed, still rather quick for a normal human. Jason seemed absolutely fascinated with the concept of my healing. I hadn't told him anything and I didn't plan to.

"Read as many as you like while you stay," Jason replied from behind the counter, dealing with his last customer. "Some are quite interesting really."

Picking up a random book from a full shelf, I opened to the middle of it. It showed a picture of a cluster of light shaped as a flame. I tilted my head and read on curiously.

Often times found in red or orange, fire can be summoned through the hands and chest. If the possessor thinks too hard, the element with appear as large as wildfires. If they think too little, it can be nothing more than a little ball.

I widened my eyes to the book's information. Whoever wrote this was either guessing or had powers, I decided. They were extremely accurate.

"Hailey, your hand!" Jason made my attention spark towards where the book had caught fire.

Dropping and stomping on the book, I shook my hand to rid the fire. Jason grabbed a fire extinguisher and sprayed it on the book. His gaze moved to mine and then to my hand.

"It's not even burned," Jason pointed out.

"It is, just mildly," I tried to get out of what I was getting into. "I promise."

"At first I thought it was nothing more than the herbs, but now I see," Jason broke off into jumbled murmuring I couldn't understand.

"What?" I looked to him curiously.

"You're a Wakanda, aren't you?" Jason made me tilt my head.

"Wakanda?"

"Not here," Jason looked around. "Come."

Jason led me to his garden of wonderfully smelling herbs. Most I recognized as Basil or Rosemary, but others were....different, like Sephtis, the one that had been in my tea four days ago. I avoided it completely, hating the way it made me feel.

"Are you a possessor of magical powers?" Jason sat down on a bench and offered me a spot across from him. "Wakanda does mean 'possesses magical power,' so do you?"

I didn't know how to reply. Jason was a smart man, I'd figured that one out quickly, but I didn't know if he could handle the truth of who I really was. I didn't want to risk the lives of anyone, including my own. Still, he seemed trustworthy enough.

"It's a long story," I admitted.

"We have time," Jason gazed at me almost excitedly.

Taking a deep breath, I started from the beginning. By the beginning, I mean the beginning. I started off with my normal day at work when I met the Ghosts and all through the wedding, not leaving out anything. Then I continued from the search with Hesh to my pregnancy, to Alec, to the reveal of so many secrets with my family, and even to Dawn and Keegan's death during the war- which I explained without a tear. I explained my depression and thoughts that I wasn't going to go on anymore, my meeting with Ivana, and all the way up to this point.

Jason's face changed each time the story went on, mostly looking shocked. By the time I'd finished, Jason was a mix of so many emotions. During the story, I'd made sure to send him mental flashes of everything in my memory. This amazed him.

"S-So you aren't a gentle Wakanda, but something else much more powerful?" Jason asked two hours later.

"I think so," I nodded. "I have more than the powers of Wakanda people."